nikkels

Oct 28, 2006
8:35 PM EDT
please don't waste my time posting articles like this

Thanks
tuxchick2

Oct 29, 2006
3:03 AM EDT
How many articles have you submitted to LXer?
helios

Oct 29, 2006
2:46 PM EDT
You have my permission to waste as much of my time as you like with articles like this. Usually, the lead-in tells me if it shall be a waste of time or not. Good to give them a look-see before investing said time.

Maybe one might take the tuxchick2 challenge and submit some original content for us to judge as a time-waster or not. Some proverbial saying about glass houses and BFR's surfaced from the muck for a moment then sank into oblivion again...maybe someone could expand upon it.

Now if you will excuse me, I believe I will go stare into a strobe light for an extended period and see if I cannot invoke an acid flashback

h
dcparris

Oct 29, 2006
3:23 PM EDT
We've done well just to keep stories in the queues this weekend - not much happening. A little original content wouldn't hurt. :-)

That said, I didn't let the article waste my time; I took the time to write the publishers about their confusing title. ;-) I wonder what effect we could have if others took the same approach? Our message might begin to sink in.
tuxchick2

Oct 29, 2006
3:24 PM EDT
I was referring to nice stories to link to, as well as original stuff. Gotta be something happening out there in the world on sites that us boring oldtimers don't know about. :)
TallCool1

Oct 29, 2006
7:19 PM EDT
This kind of sponsored FUD (somebody has to be paying for this) is the kind I like to know about. If Free Software were a person, it would be an ad hominem attack, as a "tech" piece, it's just vague, negative, and not very helpful.
incinerator

Oct 30, 2006
4:06 AM EDT
reminds me of that simpson's episode with krusty going into comedy and selling out to that suv company.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!