Untitled

Story: Ntt DoCoMo, Intel to Let Users Set OS on Cell PhonesTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
jezuch

Nov 01, 2006
2:33 AM EDT
Quoting:[This is a change of pace - allowing people to install Windows on their Linux-based cell phones. - dcparris]

Hey there, choice is good, remember? :)
tuxchick

Nov 01, 2006
9:29 AM EDT
Not when they are bad choices. :D
dcparris

Nov 01, 2006
1:48 PM EDT
I have to say, choice is definitely good. Like I choose not to use Windows. ;-) And there are bad choices. But I was focusing on the fact that, normally, people are loading Linux on their Windows boxen, etc. I'm not exactly sure why anyone would _want_to load Windows, and it seems to be a pretty bad choice. But I think it's neat to see something of a role-reversal, if you will.
jdixon

Nov 01, 2006
2:19 PM EDT
> I'm not exactly sure why anyone would _want_to load Windows, and it seems to be a pretty bad choice.

Agreed, but we can never know another persons circumstances better than they do. Some people probably have perfectly valid reasons for running Windows. Far fewer than think they do, IMO, but some.
jimf

Nov 01, 2006
2:28 PM EDT
If I have to reinstall it, do I need to phone MS :D
dcparris

Nov 01, 2006
2:37 PM EDT
jdixon: You are absolutely correct, of course. I can already think of a few excellent reasons to load Windows on my Linux-based cell phone. For example, making sure I infect my phone with the latest viruses, occasionally loading the BSOD (don't forget the reboot), for old times' sake, and occupy my time in the teller line at the bank by going through the registry looking for driver references so arcane, even the original developers can't find them. :-D

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!