say what??

Story: The Open Source WayTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
tuxchick

Nov 30, 2006
8:51 PM EDT
I think mr enderle is contagious:

" Open source software is any software product offered under the Open Source Foundation charter—Apache, Linux and so on. Open source methods allow people to voluntarily contribute their software to general purpose use, or a particular audience. In the open source community, people who have established themselves as experts in software review those contributions for quality, fit and usability. Then, based on the merits of the software, the experts accept, reject or suggest changes. So the method requires enthusiastic individuals who will contribute their own work, and volunteer experts to review them. It's a very good example of a meritocracy; that's essentially the heart and soul of any open source work."

For once I don't know what to say. But the interviewee does:

"How well do business executives understand and support these practices?" "I would say there's very little understanding."

No sheet, Sherlock!
Abe

Dec 01, 2006
7:36 AM EDT
Quoting:For once I don't know what to say. But the interviewee does:
How about, Enderle has been awaken by a 2x4 finally.

or

Go with the flow Enderle.

Edited: no, it wasn't meant that way. Does this sound better now Don?

dcparris

Dec 01, 2006
8:49 AM EDT
Am I missing something Abe?
SFN

Dec 01, 2006
11:17 AM EDT
I think he's saying that "flow" wasn't the "F" word he would have chosen to build a sentence around in this case.
dcparris

Dec 01, 2006
3:28 PM EDT
Abe: I'm not sure why you thought Enderle might be 'born again', since his article is so obviously pretentious. I know you don't mean 'born again' in the religious context - I get the context. What I don't get is why you would see it that way. Carla said he is contagious - I thought she meant his something's-missing-up-there analytics was spreading to the executives in the interview. Given that, I didn't see how Enderle's grasp on reality had changed. Never mind becoming a born-again FOSS believer. ;-)

Abe

Dec 01, 2006
4:13 PM EDT
Don:

I read Carla's citing and didn't bother reading his article. I mostly don't. The quote sounded reasonable and I thought he finally got a clue. Enderle's articles are spouting gutter and I don't waste my time on. I went back and read it after reading your post only to find the same junk as usual. Thanks for pointing that out. I should be more careful next time especially when reading Carla's "sneaky" posts.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!