its like you are almost surfing with window$

Story: Ubuntu Multimedia Center RC1 Screenshot WalkthroughTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
henke54

Dec 03, 2006
8:46 AM EDT
i also experienced a MAJOR important post (for people who are used to see websites and so on, in window$-like fonts ) on ubuntuforum.... it is like you are almost surfing with window$.... ;-P

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1209754&postcount...
Teron

Dec 03, 2006
9:03 AM EDT
Took a look at the screenshots. It's just... ugly. Media Center made Windows look better, Media Center certainly didn't make Ubuntu look better :/
jimf

Dec 03, 2006
9:12 AM EDT
Huh??? So now learning to change the fonts in your browser is wizardry? Give me a break...
henke54

Dec 03, 2006
9:33 AM EDT
>Huh??? So now learning to change the fonts in your browser is wizardry? Give me a break...

not 'wizardry'....but i think for many (window$)people a 'lesser obstacle' to switch , if they see this
Libervis

Dec 03, 2006
12:07 PM EDT
That's just weird. Ubuntu has a hundred times better and more modern looking default look than this windows classic look. I thought at least the looks would be one thing impressing new switchers from Windows.

jimf

Dec 03, 2006
12:33 PM EDT
Tell ya what henke54. I'll just do up a wallpaper/icon/boot set of graphics with a 'windowish' theme. You just tell your n00bs that its the latest thing in Windows and I bet at least 75% buy the whole package and think it way better that the old version ;-). Helios says he already did that with some of his installs, and, nobody complained.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!