is it me....

Story: Let's go bust some silosTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
tuxchick

Dec 03, 2006
2:44 PM EDT
...or are Doc Searls' columns full of stuff that kind of sounds neat, but isn't really comprehensible? I try, because he is beloved of many, but my brain glazes over.
jimf

Dec 03, 2006
3:25 PM EDT
Humm... Like make a point or something... Ah, is this the great American novel?... Are we there yet Mom?
swbrown

Dec 04, 2006
7:32 AM EDT
It looks like spam to me - the kind that cuts and pastes random words in order to look like a real message.
herzeleid

Dec 04, 2006
8:44 AM EDT
We're not to question the likes of doc - men like that are operating on a plane so far beyond us, we're not expected to make sense of their thoughts at first blush. As we meditate on doc's words though, insights will begin to emerge - shyly and tentatively at first, like a squirrel poking his head out for a quick look, but more and more solidly as we persevere, until we are finally rewarded with fresh insights into the state of the world.
dinotrac

Dec 04, 2006
9:02 AM EDT
herzeleid -

I humbly believe that you've confused Doc with me.
dek

Dec 04, 2006
9:14 AM EDT
>> humbly believe that you've confused Doc with me.

What are you talking about, dino? I took one look and scratched my head. I took another look and scratched it harder! It's your fault I now have a bloody scalp!! =:-(

To: herzeleid:

Please say it ain't so! Please say you meant doc, not dino!! ;-D

Don K.
jdixon

Dec 04, 2006
9:25 AM EDT
> We're not to question the likes of doc...

Well, he lost me as reader when he rejoiced about UVA's blowout of WVU in one of their better forgotten bowl games of a few years back. Call me parochial or provincial if you want, but my loyalties to home and college outweigh those to whatever Doc may profess at the given moment.
jimf

Dec 04, 2006
9:34 AM EDT
> We're not to question the likes of doc - men like that are operating on a plane so far beyond us, we're not expected to make sense of their thoughts at first blush

Ah yes, assume the lotus position and exhale deeply... No, don't breath in! Soon you too will attain the bliss of asphyxia. Well, how do you think doc and his ilk got there... His plane flies unpressurized at over 30k feet...
jdixon

Dec 04, 2006
9:40 AM EDT
> Well, how do you think doc and his ilk got there...

From what I know of Doc, I assumed large quantities of medicinal substances were involved. :)
herzeleid

Dec 04, 2006
10:14 AM EDT
Quoting: dino: I humbly believe that you've confused Doc with me.
Aye, there's the rub.

Quoting: dek: Please say it ain't so! Please say you meant doc, not dino!! ;-D
There may be something in what you are saying.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!