communists?

Story: Linux blasts off in US tactical satelliteTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
jsusanka

Dec 20, 2006
12:40 PM EDT
well I guess bill gates and steve ballmer were wrong when they called Linux communism.

and I guess darl mcbride was wrong when he wrote congress saying linux is a threat to national security.

swbrown

Dec 20, 2006
6:04 PM EDT
We've gone from communists and anti-American to tools of oppression. Hooray! :)
tuxchick

Dec 20, 2006
6:17 PM EDT
doggone it, I was happy as a smelly hairy Linux hippie. All these identity changes are messing with my head.
dcparris

Dec 20, 2006
6:37 PM EDT
Chalk it up to all those pinko-commie-conservatives. I'm not even sure who's who anymore. What with all the socio-political "family values" conservatives making passes at their pages - B. Clinton's looking more and more like a conservative these days. I'm sooo confewzed!

So next thing you know, Bill Gates will be accusing us of being imperialistic, free-market raiders.
tuxchick

Dec 20, 2006
6:45 PM EDT
BillG spouts mass nonsense all the time, so why not.
bigg

Dec 21, 2006
7:44 AM EDT
I probably shouldn't say this, but as usual, I will anyway.

I thought you were a man of the cloth. Aren't you worried about the wrath of Jerry Falwell and James Dobson when you say things like that? Now lxer's going to be boycotted by Focus on the Family listeners and Bill Frist will be convening a conference to condemn lxer as a tool of the devil. (I say this in jest - I once faced impeachment as leader of a student organization because I sat in a voter registration booth that was sponsored by the Democrats.)
dinotrac

Dec 21, 2006
8:28 AM EDT
>I once faced impeachment as leader of a student organization because I sat in a voter registration booth that was sponsored by the Democrats

That's only because we used to frown on torture and slow death.
tuxchick

Dec 21, 2006
8:48 AM EDT
Used to.
dinotrac

Dec 21, 2006
8:53 AM EDT
>Used to.

Hey! Gotta keep up with the times.
Bob_Robertson

Dec 21, 2006
12:25 PM EDT
Can I be a Linux-using anarchist instead?

Maybe it would finally give anarchism a "good name".
dcparris

Dec 22, 2006
6:34 AM EDT
Bigg, they'll probably seek to defrock me. ;-)

On a more serious note, I have more respect for Dobson than the other two - Focus on the Family is a great radio show. I don't know if I would follow him at the political level though.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled riotry...

BillG (next week): Yeah, that's what they are! They're anarchists! That's the ticket!

BillG (following week): Yeah, that's what they are! They're devil-worshipping, child-eating savages! That's the ticket!
jdixon

Dec 22, 2006
9:07 AM EDT
Today's Help Desk seems apropos:

http://www.ubersoft.net/

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!