more turncoat adventures

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
tuxchick

Jan 08, 2007
4:24 PM EDT
hey all, I'm going to be blogging on O'Reilly in a joint blogging project with Port 25. Yes, the infamous Port 25 itself. This should be interesting. The only restriction is I can't say 'sucks', and since there are abundant synonyms, that won't be a problem. I'm inviting anyone who is interested to drop in and see what's going on, and send me your feedback. I'll post a link as soon as the project is active, which should be in the next few days. There will be two official O'Reilly bloggers. Of course I am as twenty all by myself. :)
dcparris

Jan 08, 2007
4:42 PM EDT
Hmmm... I'll visit your blog. I'm blocking all Port 25 traffic from the microsoft domains until they change their corporate attitude, or until someone stuffs a sock in Ballmer's mouth, whichever comes first.
tuxchick

Jan 08, 2007
4:47 PM EDT
Do socks come that big?
azerthoth

Jan 08, 2007
4:53 PM EDT
Quoting: Here lamentation, groans, and wailings deep Reverberated through the starless air, So that it made me at the beginning weep. Uncouth tongues, horrible shriekings of despair, Shrill and faint voices, cries of pain and rage, And, with it all, smiting of hands, were there, Making a tumult, nothing could assuage, To swirl in the air that knows not day or night, Like sand within the whirlwind's eddying cage.

-Dante Alighieri Inferno, Canto III, Lines 22-30

In other words, give 'em hell TC.
jimf

Jan 08, 2007
5:17 PM EDT
> Do socks come that big?

Ya gotta use (at least) a pair...
dcparris

Jan 08, 2007
7:45 PM EDT
> Do socks come that big?

What if it's a wind sock?
jimf

Jan 08, 2007
7:51 PM EDT
> What if it's a wind sock?

Too expensive! At that point an old sweatshirt will do fine :)
tracyanne

Jan 10, 2007
12:17 PM EDT
I made my point about Port 25 on Port 25 very shortly after they started it, since then I've been back once, and nothing has changed. The site is till the same sickening self congratulatory crap.
rijelkentaurus

Jan 10, 2007
12:44 PM EDT
>What if it's a wind sock?

How about a winsock or a winsock2?
DarrenR114

Jan 10, 2007
12:46 PM EDT
Quoting: How about a winsock or a winsock2?

Too many holes.
tuxchick

Jan 10, 2007
1:01 PM EDT
My people! You gladden my heart. I shall hoist a holey wind sock in your honor.

bigg

Jan 10, 2007
1:31 PM EDT
Gee, now they're making deals with tuxchick. Guess I'll have to boycott your lxer posts from now on. (Note: I'm mocking the people who have criticized Novell.)
tuxchick

Jan 10, 2007
2:01 PM EDT
Ha! Just try it, bigg. I'll read your posts and think mean thoughts about them!

I'm sure I'll get a bit of flak. Eh, no worries. I promise if I sell out to m$ I'll hold out for a good price, and buy all my friends an iPhone.
jdixon

Jan 10, 2007
3:39 PM EDT
TC, I'd hold out for some of those back dated stock options, preferably with a back date of 1988 or so. :)

You cannot post until you login.