go Debian!

Story: Debian tipped for February releaseTotal Replies: 10
Author Content
tuxchick

Jan 27, 2007
3:36 PM EDT
Wow, they're tearing up the track! Sarge was released June 6, 2005. About three years after Woody, which was released July 19, 2002. If Etch is released next month, that's just over a year and a half from Sarge. Wheee! And it didn't cost beeeelyuns of dollars or wholesale slashing of features to make a release date in this century. (And still suck.)

This is classic Debian- "In a Debian Administration web poll, nearly half of those predicting a release date for the Linux distribution said it would happen during February." Debian: the biggest, noisiest committee in the world :)
jimf

Jan 27, 2007
3:51 PM EDT
> Debian: the biggest, noisiest committee in the world :)

And all that entertainment is free too :)
dinotrac

Jan 28, 2007
4:30 AM EDT
And this just in:

The little-known Debian Home media committee announces the availability of the new 21" COLOR television, just 2 years after bringing out the first Debian television. On the other hand, they have cancelled plans to introduce a hi-def flat-screen set because the proletariat doesn't need that kind of distraction.
jimf

Jan 28, 2007
5:20 AM EDT
Cruel dino, cruel....
richo123

Jan 28, 2007
7:29 AM EDT
Yeah I particularly used to enjoy Joerg Schilling and his polite posts on cdrecord and how the linux scsi structure sucked. Very entertaining indeed. Glad they forked that package....
dinotrac

Jan 28, 2007
10:11 AM EDT
>Cruel dino, cruel....

but believable, no?
jimf

Jan 28, 2007
10:25 AM EDT
> but believable, no?

Well, I certainly have high definition here ;-).
dinotrac

Jan 28, 2007
1:32 PM EDT
>Well, I certainly have high definition here ;-).

To bend the subject badly...

Anybody have experience with the Hauppauge hvr-1600?
incinerator

Jan 29, 2007
2:11 AM EDT
tuxchik: I happen to be a Debian fanboy. And I long stopped to believe in anything zdnet writes.

http://www.debian-administration.org/ is a website independently maintained by a Debian Developer, but the site itself is not affiliated with the Debian project in any way, i.e. it's not some official or semi-official debian website, at all.

If that zdnet reporter thinks that a poll on a website like this faithfully represents any kind of authority on the question, he must be a real f***wit indeed. I must be a f***wit, as well, as I simply cannot understand how a poll like this, done on some random website out there can actually reflect on the Debian Developer comminuty per se, at all. It's like having a poll on whether the moon is going to change it's colour to blue and then blaming the French when it doesn't.

And it seems there even are readers who believe in that kind of crap. Sad, sad.
jdixon

Jan 29, 2007
2:46 AM EDT
> It's like having a poll on whether the moon is going to change it's colour to blue and then blaming the French when it doesn't.

Nonsense. Everyone knows that would be George Bush's fault; like everything else that goes wrong in the world.
jimf

Jan 29, 2007
3:32 AM EDT
> then blaming the French when it doesn't.

That should read 'blaming the French when it does.' ;-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!