Some People Are So Unreasonable

Story: Need Sunscreen? You'll Know When You Finish Here.Total Replies: 9
Author Content
DarrenR114

Jan 30, 2007
6:57 AM EDT
Read Rascalson's comments.

My take on them are: Rascalson was unduly harsh. He provides no support for the ad hominem attack.

Sickening and bizarre.

I guess his unconditional support of all things Groklaw with PJ's irrational accusation against Novell dictates that he spew crap like this.
tqk

Jan 30, 2007
8:06 AM EDT
Rascalson sounds like a jerk, but:

>I guess his unconditional support of all things Groklaw with PJ's irrational accusation against Novell >dictates that he spew crap like this.

When you say things like this, please provide us with a link?
tuxchick

Jan 30, 2007
9:14 AM EDT
I think you're getting the posters mixed up, which is easy to do the way the comments are formatted. The nasty comment was signed "Rob Enderle." Rascalson's comment is supportive.

don't forget anyone can sign any name.

DarrenR114

Jan 30, 2007
9:22 AM EDT
tqk,

I don't provide links to Groklaw or LinuxToday, but if you do a search on his talkback comments posted as "Rascalson" on LinuxToday, you'll see what I mean.

You can look at his comments from before November 2, 2006, if you want, but relevant to my comment, you can stick with those dozens of comments from after that date.

Darren

tuxchick

Jan 30, 2007
9:26 AM EDT
Never mind, I read the comments wrongly. Rascalson it is.
DarrenR114

Jan 30, 2007
9:37 AM EDT
TC -

Yes, you are absolutely correct that anyone can sign any nym, but that comment is so characteristic of the "Rascalson" comments on LT that I'd be surprised if it was someone else.

His talkback track record, along with a couple of others, is the reason I've stopped visiting LinuxToday with any regularity. If I see an interesting headline on LinuxHomepage.com then I might visit. But counting today, I think I've visited maybe twice in the last 2 months.

But taking your comment to heart, I probably should presume his innocence until proven otherwise. I was just so appalled by this unwarranted attack on Ken that I had to say something about it.
tuxchick

Jan 30, 2007
9:54 AM EDT
Darren, my mistake was I thought the nasty post was signed "Rob Enderle." But I was wrong. It is signed Rascalson. And a mean lowdown post it is.

DarrenR114

Jan 30, 2007
11:36 AM EDT
TC,

when I'm wrong I'll admit it ... and in this case I was very wrong ....

Though many of Rascalson's comments on LT are of the same vein as this vomitus posted on Helios' blog, you were correct in the first place that the comment indeed was from someone posting as "Rob Enderle".

The posters' nyms *follow* the comment on helios' blog, while I'm used to nyms preceding their attached comments.

Whoever made the post, they're a jerk and an ignorant one at that.
dcparris

Jan 30, 2007
4:13 PM EDT
Helios himself seems to respond to "Rob", not rascalson, for the comments. So, Rob it is. I can't imagine why anyone would use that as a "nym".
tuxchick

Jan 30, 2007
4:15 PM EDT
Me neither.

signed, Imelda Marcos

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!