I want one!

Story: Ubuntu? Not for me, thanksTotal Replies: 14
Author Content
jimf

Feb 09, 2007
1:32 PM EDT
Lol, I didn't know that the Debian Devs made a "F... Ubuntu." T shirt ;-)
richo123

Feb 09, 2007
1:59 PM EDT
FUD for Debianistas.
tuxchick

Feb 09, 2007
2:02 PM EDT
The Debian community generates more than its share of drama, for sure, and there are a number of folks there I've only met online that I would adore to meet in person and poke with a charged prod. But you'll never ever hear them claiming that embracing closed-source proprietary crud will magically lead to more Free software.

jimf

Feb 09, 2007
2:13 PM EDT
Oh, I know it's divisive, and, not very politically correct, but it 's the only piece of truly collectible Ubuntu memorabilia I've seen to date ;-)
DarrenR114

Feb 09, 2007
2:24 PM EDT
TC -

Of course it won't happen magically - it'll happen by means of a wonderous mystery!

tuxchick

Feb 09, 2007
2:42 PM EDT
ooo, wondrous mysteries are cool. I understand they are implemented by invisible armies of Oompa Loompas.
jimf

Feb 09, 2007
2:55 PM EDT
Oompa Loompas are all too visible these days :(
richo123

Feb 09, 2007
6:04 PM EDT
Oh well you asked for it then!

sudo apt-get install sux

http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/sux
devnet

Feb 09, 2007
6:30 PM EDT
Heck, I'm not even a Debian dev nor do I use Debian on a daily basis...and I still have one of those shirts!
jezuch

Feb 11, 2007
4:52 AM EDT
Quoting:sudo apt-get install sux

Talking of shirts, this looks like a good one for a shirt :)
devnet

Feb 11, 2007
8:22 AM EDT
that or

Quoting: sudo apt-cache search pr0n
jezuch

Feb 11, 2007
1:46 PM EDT
Except you don't need sudo for apt-cache :)
Bob_Robertson

Feb 12, 2007
6:21 AM EDT
Debian is a _democracy_. Other distributions vary from dictatorships to oligarchies, but there is always someone who can issue commands and otherwise make the rank and file s-t-f-u when it would be bad PR to have them being loudly melodramatic.

As someone who lives in a country which pretends to be governed by democratic processes, I thought it was obvious that democracies thrive on drama!

Sander_Marechal

Feb 12, 2007
6:58 AM EDT
Quoting:sudo apt-cache search pr0n

No results returned.... :-(
swbrown

Feb 12, 2007
2:30 PM EDT
> No results returned.... :-(

If you dig around in Mozilla you'll find a libpr0n, and if you're bored enough to dig around in its source code, you'll find something interesting. :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!