what a prick

Story: Microsoft: Novell deal a milestone despite squabblesTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
jsusanka

Feb 10, 2007
9:24 AM EDT
""People can debate how much (the patent protection) is needed, but the reality is it's provided," Smith said."

what a prickly situation

we will see how much the deal means with GPL3
richo123

Feb 10, 2007
12:25 PM EDT
Yeah classic FUD really.
dinotrac

Feb 10, 2007
12:57 PM EDT
>he's a prick - probably fits in well with bill g and company

.Out of curiosity, is english a second or third language for you?

I can't even begin to imagine what it is in the quoted statement that gets your dander up. If anything, it is a cool-headed response. He's refusing to get into the argument of whether anything actually infringes Microsoft patents, or whether any "protection" serves a purpose other than marketing.

The deal is there, and that's a fact.
jsusanka

Feb 10, 2007
1:23 PM EDT
">he's a prick - probably fits in well with bill g and company

.Out of curiosity, is english a second or third language for you?

I can't even begin to imagine what it is in the quoted statement that gets your dander up. If anything, it is a cool-headed response. He's refusing to get into the argument of whether anything actually infringes Microsoft patents, or whether any "protection" serves a purpose other than marketing.

The deal is there, and that's a fact."

ya dinotrac how much does microsoft pay to watch this site.

how can I get in on the action

jdixon

Feb 10, 2007
1:34 PM EDT
> ya dinotrac how much does microsoft pay to watch this site.

Uncalled for, jsusanka. Dino's been a card carrying penguinsta for a long time. Probably longer than you. If he has a criticism of your comments, you'd do well to consider them carefully before dismissing them. And the idea that's he's on Microsoft's payroll is frankly laughable. Not that he wouldn't do it, but they have far better uses for the amount of money it would take. I'd say it would take about $10 million or so, right Dino?
jimf

Feb 10, 2007
1:35 PM EDT
Dino a shill for MS??? Wow are you off the mark.

Seems jsusanka can't express himself in any language other than by the use of stale retoric, and outright insults. It's obvious he's just following the RMS party line.
bigg

Feb 10, 2007
1:39 PM EDT
> how much does microsoft pay to watch this site

I'm not sure who they are paying or what they are watching, but I'm all for Microsoft giving money to the Linux community. Just a guess, but I don't think you can explain every event in the world that you disagree with as a payment by Microsoft.
tracyanne

Feb 10, 2007
1:49 PM EDT
Yeah he's a prick, he is after all a Lawyer, but he is also correct.

The CSIRO has been considering using Lawyers for some of it's experiments, apparently there are some things that even Lab rats won't do.
swbrown

Feb 10, 2007
2:10 PM EDT
> but I'm all for Microsoft giving money to the Linux community

I'd rather not have giant Get The Facts ads on LXer.
jimf

Feb 10, 2007
3:02 PM EDT
> I'd rather not have giant Get The Facts ads on LXer.

And, have you seen a lot of them here lately? :D
jsusanka

Feb 10, 2007
3:41 PM EDT
sorry dinotrac - having a bad day and this deal just sickens me.
dinotrac

Feb 10, 2007
4:26 PM EDT
>sorry dinotrac - having a bad day and this deal just sickens me.

Don't fret it. I won't. Just a sign you care.

As to money from Microsoft?

Hey, let's not forget I used to be a lawyer. I'd take their money in a heartbeat -- if the price was right. Of course, I'd get fired pretty quickly, too. It's one of the reasons my career is in freefall -- I never did have enough sense to listen to the bosses when they were wrong.

Still...It might be nice to cash one or two big checks before they caught up with me.
jdixon

Feb 10, 2007
5:28 PM EDT
> Still...It might be nice to cash one or two big checks before they caught up with me.

That's our Dino. :)
jimf

Feb 10, 2007
5:46 PM EDT
> I never did have enough sense to listen to the bosses when they were wrong.

Lol, here either...

> Still...It might be nice to cash one or two big checks before they caught up with me.

Hey, go for it :D

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!