Gosh - Guess we should all go out and hang ourselves.

Story: Reasons Why Google Will Fail With Enterprise AppsTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
dinotrac

Mar 13, 2007
9:18 AM EDT
This is not the brightest analysis I have even seen.

Bottom line:

Nobody can meet everytbody's needs. There will always be business that Google can't get. Even Microsoft can't get all the business it goes after.

But...

Google has name recognition, piles of money, lots of very smart people, and scads of good technology.

I wouldn't write them off before they even get rolling.

Let's not forget that much the same assessment could have been made of their chances to unseat Yahoo!
purplewizard

Mar 13, 2007
2:34 PM EDT
I think Google's biggest hurdle is the fear in companies and individuals that their data committed to the Google system is not secure. Certainly the companies attitudes I know of is the mentality residual from the desktop search stories "that everything on your system gets crawled and indexed and stays for ever on Google's equipment"

If they get over that then I'm sure there will be plenty of takers who find that what is offered does everything they need (but not necessarily everything they would like).
tuxchick

Mar 13, 2007
4:22 PM EDT
purplewizard, and those same doubters heart windows. Go figure.
jdixon

Mar 13, 2007
6:36 PM EDT
> I think Google's biggest hurdle is the fear in companies and individuals that their data committed to the Google system is not secure.

The guaranteed refund of any losses plus one million dollars would solve that problem quickly, and Google can afford to offer it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!