nominations for a new database

Story: Linux on a Plane: What a Pain!Total Replies: 7
Author Content
tuxchick

Mar 14, 2007
9:30 PM EDT
It is better to accentuate the positive, but sometimes i think it would be fun and useful to put together a Database of Guaranteed Trolls, Shills, Ignernt Dunces, and Just Plain Wastes of Time. OSNews, OSWeekly, MadPenguin, Matt Hartley, Rob Enderle, Rob Lyons, Maureen O'Gara.... why, in no time at all we'll have a Wall of Shame to be proud of.
jdixon

Mar 14, 2007
9:45 PM EDT
> MadPenguin

How the mighty have fallen. Sigh.

> Rob Lyons

Daniel Lyons?
Sander_Marechal

Mar 15, 2007
3:04 AM EDT
Don't forget Laura Dido!
jdixon

Mar 15, 2007
3:20 AM EDT
> Don't forget Laura Dido!

My only problem with remembering anything about Didio is the correct spelling of her last name. The obvious misspelling is just too appropriate.
Teron

Mar 15, 2007
6:35 AM EDT
> How the mighty have fallen. Sigh.

It's a real pity. I used to enjoy the site a lot during Doxtater's ownership. After that, well... It's just not good anymore.
swbrown

Mar 15, 2007
9:51 AM EDT
> It is better to accentuate the positive, but sometimes i think it would be fun and useful to put together a Database of Guaranteed Trolls, Shills, Ignernt Dunces, and Just Plain Wastes of Time.

Already done - check out sourcewatch. If a shill isn't listed, add them.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=SourceWatch
number6x

Mar 15, 2007
12:01 PM EDT
A site called OS Weekly running articles that say things like "I didn't know what to do so I kept like touching that spot on the screen over and over. It was like gnarly, and my wife was like 'kewll', and I was like 'Oh My gosh!'"

Maybe it should change its name to 'OS clueless', or 'OS Weakly understood'.
swbrown

Mar 15, 2007
2:37 PM EDT
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Rob_Enderle

Enderle's entry is way short, it should be modified to include at least him being banned from the New York Times.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!