Deperation

Story: Microsoft aims to double user base with $3 Windows and OfficeTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
rijelkentaurus

Apr 19, 2007
8:46 AM EDT
IMO, a very strong sign that the Redmond beast is terrified, and that a cute little Penguin is on the road to world domination.

If you haven't done so already, I encourage you to send money to tux500. Now is surely the time to mount an assault on the evil empire.
SamShazaam

Apr 19, 2007
8:56 AM EDT
I got $3.00. Sell me one.

IANAL. Isn't selling a product in a foreign country at a loss in order to gain market share called "dumping"? Isn't this considered a trade violation? Why shouldn't this apply to Microsoft?

IANAL
Abe

Apr 19, 2007
9:18 AM EDT
Let that be a lesson to all corporations, organizations and governments who spend millions of Dollars on licensing fees for MS products. MS is really in a big bind otherwise they wouldn't do that.

Keep in mind that the value of FOSS is not only in the free cost, but also in the software Freedoms users are granted, the quality of applications, the support of open standards, the robust security, the constant rapid developmenet, enhancements and openness of the technolog.

Let's see how MS can fool everyone all the time into this scheme!
tracyanne

Apr 19, 2007
1:11 PM EDT
Quoting:Isn't selling a product in a foreign country at a loss in order to gain market share called "dumping"? Isn't this considered a trade violation? Why shouldn't this apply to Microsoft?

Who says $3.00 is not profitable?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!