Article has disappeared

Story: Linux Journal Contents #158, June 2007Total Replies: 7
Author Content
Sander_Marechal

May 02, 2007
9:35 PM EDT
The article is gone.

Quoting: Access denied You are not authorized to access this page.
dcparris

May 03, 2007
4:21 AM EDT
That's odd. It still works for me. Trying holding your tongue at a different angle.
Sander_Marechal

May 03, 2007
9:48 AM EDT
I did, and now the LXer article said "Poof!" as well :-)
hkwint

May 03, 2007
10:31 AM EDT
Seems like someone accidentaly deleted it (?). All articles that don't make it to the frontpage, because they are in Russian or Hebrew, are spam, are about shareware etc. end up over there. Off course, a Linux Gazette article doesn't belong there.

Because LXer editors don't want to share their spam with our other readers (you probably have enough without it), it seems you don't have access to our garbage bin. Nonetheless, dcparris above can dig in our garbage bin; it's even part of his job as EiC I guess.

It's back on the frontpage again;

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/86464/index.html

Thanks for mentioning Sander.
Sander_Marechal

May 03, 2007
10:48 AM EDT
Thanks!
dcparris

May 03, 2007
1:24 PM EDT
I didn't do anything with it other than post the story. Someone else must have come along and deleted it. Weird.
Scott_Ruecker

May 03, 2007
5:36 PM EDT
That was me, Linux Journal seems to have pages that later become un-accessible and I thought it better to get rid of it than have an article that goes to a dead end.

Sorry about that.
dcparris

May 03, 2007
5:45 PM EDT
Aha! Actually, I was guessing it was you. Anyway, perhaps we should post a note in the LXer Meta forum with an explanation when we remove articles like that. Just to make people aware.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!