Article and Forum Deletions
May 03, 2007
6:38 PM EDT
I just wanted to let everyone know some of the reasons why an article or forum can be deleted from LXer.
1. If it is a re-post of an article already on the newswire.
2. If the link goes bad or leads to a dead end (404).
3. If the link is changed to re-direct from where it should be going too.
4. If a forum is started by a spammer. We usually catch these pretty quick but in case we do not please feel free to let us know and we will get right on it.
5. If the postings in a forum are promoting hate and/or are of racist/sexist content. This will also lead to the posters of such content being banned and/or blocked from LXer in general. LXer is not and never will be the place to for such negativity to be spread.
6. If the posts in a forum are considered to be SEVERELY off topic. In this regard I will say that we are very lenient, I or another Editor will attempt to re-focus the conversation which usually works, but if not we reserve the right to delete it.
I offer my apologies for any questions or misconceptions that may have come up regarding this. If you have any other questions or comments please let me know.
Scott Ruecker Senior Editor
Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]
Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!