Tried it, uninstalled it

Story: Preview websites with CoolirisTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
tracyanne

May 14, 2007
3:01 AM EDT
As far as I'm concerned I may just as well open the link. Cooliris feels heavy, maybe it's because the window it opens is quite large. I suppose I was expecting something smaller, more previewy.
helios

May 14, 2007
4:37 AM EDT
That was a concern for me as well but it is fully adjustable in the configuration settings. If you open the add-on link under tools in FFox and then go to extensions and single click cooliris, it gives you a clickfield called options. It is there you can adjust the size of the windows and various other key settings for triggering the extension. Once I tweaked it to my liking, it not only responded faster, I now use it more than my tabs. A deft single movement of your mouse can open the page in a tab and close the preview window. You can also lock the window open so it doesn't close on you accidentally. It has been a real time-saver for me.

I do notice however if there is heavy activity on the computer such as a movie playing or k3b doing its thing, the cooliris window can be a bit jerky when opening but only at 80+ cpu usage.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!