Problem solved next Thursday

Story: Can Dell Fix Their Google Ad Campaign?Total Replies: 3
Author Content
schestowitz

May 18, 2007
6:36 PM EDT
,----[ Quote ] | We will be launching a Linux based OS (Ubuntu) on the E520, 1505 and XPS | 410 starting next Thursday, 5/24. `---- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Source: http://jeremy.linuxquestions.org/2007/05/18/dell-announces-t...

Hopefully they will link to the right pages.
Sander_Marechal

May 19, 2007
1:20 AM EDT
Well, it looks good. The E520 and E1505 are available with a choice of Intel graphics or ATI/Nvidia. The E1505 is also available with Inter wireless. Only the XPS comes without an open source video solution (not surprising since the XPS is a gaming rig). So it looks like we'll be getting a choice of Free or proprietary drivers on the machines. Choice is good :-)
jdixon

May 20, 2007
12:18 PM EDT
> Choice is good :-)

Yes, but if they only offer the E520, then I won't be getting one. I want the E521 with an AMD processor, not the E520 with an Intel processor. :(
tuxchick

May 20, 2007
12:27 PM EDT
OK, I'm just a dumb laypeople, but WTF is so radically weird and difficult about making sure your hyperlinks go where you want them to? Are these not professional business-type persons paying large wads of money to do this? Do they not understand that when they advertise "KewlProduct", people expect that clicking on the ad links will take them to "KewlProduct" and not "TotallySomethingElse"??

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!