Not in Canada, eh. Pity.

Story: Joost on Linux: it's difficult, but possibleTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
freethinker

May 29, 2007
6:47 AM EDT
Hmm . . . wonder if anyone will catch the reference of that subject line. Could be giving away my age here. Anyhow, I called Dell Canada this morning to ask about buying a PC with Ubuntu Linux from my Canadian Dell rep. The sales guy told me that, no, I can't have one . . . "not yet," he said. While not offering any concrete dates and times, he did ask me to check with them again in "two or three weeks". A hint of things to come or a desperate plea to not buy my PC elsewhere?

Note to editor. Not sure how this happened, but it was supposed to be a reply to the "Dell PCs only in US" story.
tuxchick

May 29, 2007
6:58 AM EDT
Dell has said about a million times that they are starting out with US sales only, including several posts here on LXer. They're looking at expanding into other markets over time.
dinotrac

May 29, 2007
7:08 AM EDT
> they are starting out with US sales only,

I know it must be frustrating to potential non-US customers, but it really is pretty normal for big companies to start out with an offering and get the kinks worked out before expanding it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!