Very important to be a part of this

Story: Making Linux "Happen". We Have A StartTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
rijelkentaurus

May 30, 2007
8:12 PM EDT
Quoting: This is an important time for us, us as in the Linux Community. This is where we make decisions and give birth to ideas that present Linux to the world. Some of us believe we have a moral obligation to do so. Some just think it's an OS whose time has come.

I personally believe that morality enters into everything you do, or into nothing at all that you do. That's more a statement of a goal than real truth, I'm surely not that perfect, but I do believe it's important to weigh your decisions and actions based on moral guidelines. I, for one, regard the entire Free Software movement as one segment of a growing trend to free the little guy from the constraints of our corporate masters. It's hardly a perfect movement, but it is a movement in the right direction and I am proud to be a part of it. Hopefully The Tux Project can further those aims, and bring together the collective will of the community in more concentrated efforts.

And for h, well...Tux500 was far from a failure, and I would argue that it was a glowing success. The goals were accomplished and I want to thank Ken and Bob for their hard work. You guys did a Great Thing.
helios

May 30, 2007
8:17 PM EDT
you folks are more than kind and generous. Debbie wanted me to pass along her thanks to you as well. thanks to all you'ze guyz.

h

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!