DRM Free, but Big Bro Jobs is watching!

Story: Apple rolls out copy protection-free iTunesTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
devnet

May 31, 2007
1:30 PM EDT
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archives/005282.php

Wouldn't ya know it? They just can't leave well enough alone!
rijelkentaurus

May 31, 2007
1:35 PM EDT
Quoting: Wouldn't ya know it? They just can't leave well enough alone!

That'll be even handier for the RIAA than what they use now! &#*(#&%!!! I'll just buy CDs and rip them, thank you. Blasted corporations. No wonder I don't own an iPod.
dcparris

May 31, 2007
2:58 PM EDT
Get an iAudio. They advertise Linux support out of the box and support multiple formats, including Ogg. I have the U3.
rijelkentaurus

May 31, 2007
3:05 PM EDT
Quoting: Get an iAudio. They advertise Linux support out of the box and support multiple formats, including Ogg. I have the U3.

Thanks, I'm in the market for something like that. Now it just takes its place in the money line behind an engagement ring and a new PC. :-) Maybe I'll have one eventually, eh?
dcparris

May 31, 2007
3:32 PM EDT
Oh, I don't know. Depends on what you want: http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/

:-)

Note: LXer cannot be held responsible for misappropriation of engagement ring funds. I suggest you get the ring first.
bigg

May 31, 2007
3:41 PM EDT
> Now it just takes its place in the money line behind an engagement ring and a new PC.

Evidently your first engagement. After the engagement, the money line mysteriously disappears.
rijelkentaurus

May 31, 2007
3:49 PM EDT
Quoting: Evidently your first engagement. After the engagement, the money line mysteriously disappears.

It'll be the second...and yes, you've got a good point. Thankfully I run a little OS called Linux (maybe you've heard of it) and I can make it run on lower end hardware. ;-) $2000 machines are nice, but $400 ones run quite well with the Penguin.

Quoting: Note: LXer cannot be held responsible for misappropriation of engagement ring funds. I suggest you get the ring first.

Agreed...although they're not that expensive.

The iAudio, that is. :)
dcparris

May 31, 2007
4:45 PM EDT
I'm glad you specified the iAudio - we wouldn't want anyone - especially your lady - thinking you use Linux 'cause you're a cheapskate like me. :-D
rijelkentaurus

May 31, 2007
4:54 PM EDT
:-)
devnet

May 31, 2007
6:25 PM EDT
Quoting:Get an iAudio.

Got one already :D We got an iAudio X5L (don't get the X5...the battery life of the X5L is much better). It's a 30GB device that is awesome. Had it for over a year...wouldn't trade it for an iPod even if it was free.
dcparris

May 31, 2007
6:37 PM EDT
Cool! Glad to hear it! Have you played with the voice recorder on yours? What format does it record in? The U3 records to WMA. :-(
techiem2

Jun 01, 2007
3:55 PM EDT
iAudio X5 here. Yeah, I kinda wish I had the X5L, but oh well. I'm running rockbox on it right now to see how usable it is (btw the games are addicting...). So far it works well. If I remember right it does mp3 recording in the original firmware, maybe wav too. Rockbox supports recording too PCM Wave, AIFF, WavPack, and MP3.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!