FUD..

Story: Microsoft aims Linux patent FUD at devicesTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
dogatemycompute

Jun 08, 2007
11:54 AM EDT
Microsoft has always been strategically thinking, goal oriented company and they have always killed off competing technologies while they were young. These cross-license agreements are just the beginning of Microsoft's plans to destroy the rebellion.. Does anyone have any thoughts on what their final goal will be? I know its to kill off linux or seriously limit its utilization. Maybe that's the goal? Attack a particular portion of linux to prevent it from being a useful application on the desktop?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

NoDough

Jun 08, 2007
12:02 PM EDT
I don't think they're fighting a technical battle, but that they are battling for mindshare.

I believe that they are going to try and label the Linux community as thieves and outcasts thereby marginalizing any hope of Linux gaining mindshare with the general public.

My 2 cents.
Aladdin_Sane

Jun 08, 2007
12:48 PM EDT
FUD is such an old weapon. It is only useful on the uninformed.
helios

Jun 08, 2007
5:06 PM EDT
Does anyone have any thoughts on what their final goal will be?

Yes I do, and they are not thoughts, they are a statement of intent from Bill Gates himself. I trust the source of the info with my Life, wife, and checkbook.

"Welcome to Microsoft Global Internet Services".

That is the Planned welcome screen for every person who sits at a computer in 2016.

Linux is the only thing that stands in the way of this being an achievable goal by 2016. If we don't start marketing our "product" pretty soon, it stands to be a distinct possibility. People need to know they have a choice. Watch for an article titled "The Out-Of-The-Box Paradox.

h

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!