Bare minimum offering

Story: Intuit offers Linux users QuickBooks Enterprise SolutionsTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
jhansonxi

Jun 14, 2007
10:14 AM EDT
This is for the database back-end only. You still need Windows clients.
jdixon

Jun 14, 2007
10:18 AM EDT
> This is for the database back-end only. You still need Windows clients.

The longest journey begins with but a single step. It's still significant. This is the first time Intuit's even acknowledged that Linux exists.

I couldn't find anything stating what distributions they supported. I'm assuming Red Hat is a given, but don't know if there are any others or not.
jhansonxi

Jun 14, 2007
10:40 AM EDT
There is the QuickBooks Online Edition but it only supports IE. There are some discussions about accessing QuickBooks databases using PHP and other methods at the Intuit Developer Network (idnforums.intuit.com).
alc

Jun 14, 2007
1:13 PM EDT
From the PDF http://quickbooksenterprise.intuit.com/resources/linux.jhtml only tested on suse 10.2 & fedora 6. We are using the enterprise edition,but at the moment don't have a server that would be able to run it.We have it set up on 2 win machines with a suse file server only.It looks like it's time to start putting something together to get this thing going.They will be giving the linux version to anyone who has the Win version.I'm signed up for it so maybe before the summer is over I'll have it up and running.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!