They can be assured I hear them well

Story: Don't wait for Vista SP1, pleads MicrosoftTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
ELF

Jun 21, 2007
5:58 AM EDT
I'm not waiting for Vista SP1, it won't install on Sidux....
techiem2

Jun 21, 2007
6:10 AM EDT
Quoting: "To help partners and customers get the real story, Microsoft has created a comprehensive set of fact-rich materials illustrating how Windows Vista is ready today and tomorrow."

Despite the "fact-rich" materials being designed for both "partners and customers", the link supplied by Microsoft goes to a website which is available only to computer makers who are prepared to sign up to a non-disclosure agreement.

ROFL "It really does work properly right now! We just can't tell you how publicly! And you can't tell anyone else once you know!"

bigg

Jun 21, 2007
6:53 AM EDT
I think the NDA sums up Microsoft's problems nicely. I never thought I'd be surprised with anything that comes out of that institution, but I guess I was wrong.

I also thought the story linked on the page about virtualization was interesting. They won't let you use Vista Home in VMWare because it would be insecure. Apparently you have to pay $200 extra for security. I was wrong about Linux needing to market itself. Microsoft is doing a pretty good job of marketing Linux. This has to be worth at least $100 million.
hchaudh1

Jun 21, 2007
7:17 AM EDT
FACT RICH...FACT RICH...FACT RICH...FACT RICH...FACT RICH...FACT RICH...FACT RICH...FACT RICH...FACT RICH...FACT RICH...
peragrin

Jun 21, 2007
9:42 AM EDT
your all forgetting the best part.

in march MSFT was the hottest selling item on the market and their 2007 first quarter results proved it.

Then Every hardware manufactor turned in their Q1 results only to have every single one of them show a decrease in sales.

But if Vista is so good why isn't it selling?
r_a_trip

Jun 21, 2007
1:07 PM EDT
FACT RICH...FACT RICH...FACT RICH...FACT RICH...

Mushroom... Mushroom...
montezuma

Jun 21, 2007
1:24 PM EDT
Fact Rich End-to-End Framework with lower TCO and an MBA......
tracyanne

Jun 21, 2007
2:02 PM EDT
I'm wondering if the need to state the article is "fact rich" means that other articles, by Microsoft, are not "fact rich"
dcparris

Jun 21, 2007
2:56 PM EDT
I think all of Microsoft's material is full of facts. However, they use those facts in creative ways to ensure users fully understand the benefits of Microsoft's robust, secure end-to-end framework that lowers TCO with your MBA.
jezuch

Jun 21, 2007
3:42 PM EDT
...and MCSE!!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!