More FUD from the open source community

Story: Study: Red Hat Benefiting from MS-Novell Deal FalloutTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
cjcox

Jul 23, 2007
1:45 PM EDT
When will it stop?

The fact is that Howell doesn't know ANYTHING about whether or not his (flawed) survey shows any kind of trend towards towards Red Hat adoption over Novell SUSE.

But... I guess he thought it might draw some attention to his company and sounded better than just screaming "Microsoft Sucks" at the top of his lungs or streaking through the flood waters of Tewkesbury.

Sigh...

NoDough

Jul 23, 2007
1:46 PM EDT
/at the top of my lungs/

MICROSOFT SUCKS!
jsusanka

Jul 23, 2007
1:54 PM EDT
MICROSOFT SUCKS!
tracyanne

Jul 23, 2007
2:15 PM EDT
Microsoft is a security Hole in the rear end of the universe.
Sander_Marechal

Jul 23, 2007
2:28 PM EDT
Quoting:MICROSOFT SUCKS!

QFE :-)
tqk

Jul 23, 2007
3:59 PM EDT
ACK!
jdixon

Jul 23, 2007
5:17 PM EDT
> The fact is that Howell doesn't know ANYTHING about whether or not his (flawed) survey shows any kind of trend towards towards Red Hat adoption over Novell SUSE.

Well duh. Of course the study shows no such thing. The study gives us no idea of what the relative adoption rates were in the past or any reason why they may have changed. Any conclusions reached are pure conjecture.

But then "Pure conjecture indicates..." doesn't make a very good headline for grabbing hits, does it?
hkwint

Jul 29, 2007
1:39 PM EDT
Doesn't mind, as long as other Linux distro's believe deals with MS will diminish their market share, I don't see why we should be angry about this MS tactics.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!