Articles with the opposite spin.

Story: "Linux more secure than Windows", Microsoft vulnerability report suggestsTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
ccady

Aug 21, 2007
7:26 AM EDT
I applaud your article for demonstrating the opposite method of spinning these same data. The reality is far more complex, as we all know. Microsoft spins the data by saying "since we had the fewest fixed bugs, we must have written code with the fewest bugs to begin with, therefore we are the best." You spin the data by saying "we fixed the most bugs, leaving the fewest bugs in the new code, therefore we are the best."

The number and severity of exploitable and problematic bugs in the current code is what people really care about. Statistics on bug fixes can tell what the bugs previously existed, but they say nothing about what the code currently contains. I would like to see a good article or set of data which compares the historical bug exposure of different OSes, and from there I can make my own extrapolations.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!