By Taco Buitenhuis

Story: Money for service and your content for freeTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
Libervis

Aug 25, 2007
12:01 PM EDT
I made a very stupid mistake and for some odd reason (probably in a hurry) put myself as the author of this article. I know.. what a subconscious egoist I must be, or something. :S

Anyway, the article was written by Taco Buitenhuis and saying anything else is a violation of his license (CC-BY-SA), by me of course, which is why I'm posting this.

If anyone could correct it, please do.

Much appreciated. Thanks.
Scott_Ruecker

Aug 25, 2007
12:07 PM EDT
All taken care of Daniel, no worries. :-)
tbuitenh

Aug 25, 2007
12:07 PM EDT
Apologies accepted.

By the way, the license is CC-BY, without the SA. There is no license note on the article as published on libervis (because it is of course not required as long as my name is somewhere near it).

If anyone wants to get the (identical) CC-BY version, it is here: http://inatie.wordpress.com/2007/08/24/money-for-service-and...
Libervis

Aug 25, 2007
12:13 PM EDT
Thanks a lot Scott.

Yeah, my bad (again), it's CC-BY. Heh and you just said that in IRC!

Thanks guys!

Scott_Ruecker

Aug 25, 2007
12:23 PM EDT
Now if it happens again, we get to flog you..

LOL!!
Libervis

Aug 25, 2007
12:31 PM EDT
Hehe, sure. :)
gus3

Aug 25, 2007
9:51 PM EDT
I saw the topic of the thread, but didn't read it right. I saw "By Taco Butternuts".

About four times, in fact.

It's been a rough day.
tbuitenh

Aug 26, 2007
12:52 AM EDT
Heh, butternuts... I might use that as an alias! ... although, maybe not, since it could be read as something else than what you will find in wikipedia.
jacog

Aug 26, 2007
10:59 AM EDT
'Buitenhuis' is dutch for outhouse if i am not mistaken. Odd for a last name. :-)
Bob_Robertson

Aug 26, 2007
11:44 AM EDT
> Odd for a last name. :-)

Not after a couple of the taco's I've had. Well, more likely the burritos.
tbuitenh

Aug 27, 2007
6:31 AM EDT
Dutch is more weird than that.

In modern Dutch, 'buitenhuis' means 'house outside the city'. I'm told in old Dutch it means something like 'of the exchanged house'. 'Taco' apparently derived from 'Diederik' (I too have trouble believing that, but all the name books say so), which means 'king of the people' (not sure how to interpret that... maybe 'popular leader'?).

Obviously Mexican food was not yet popular over here when I was born.

There are much crazier Dutch last names than your misinterpretation of my name. Really obscene ones. I'm not going to give any examples since I'm sure you guys will ask me for translations, and I'd like to keep my account and good reputation :) .
Sander_Marechal

Aug 27, 2007
7:24 AM EDT
Quoting:I'd like to keep my account and good reputation :)

If push comes to shove, you can always quote passages from the "Baantjer" books ;-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!