More news on gaming

Story: Libregamewiki - The Free Software Game WikiTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
Libervis

Sep 07, 2007
9:13 AM EDT
I think gaming is one of the crucial areas for Free Software adoption because it is among the major complains people have for GNU/Linux or major reasons why they stick to Windows.

So I think it's a good thing there are more Free Software gaming related news. Maybe Sander got that feeling cause the previous gaming related story was my announcement of a Free Software gaming tournament: http://www.nuxified.org/article/nuxified_and_cluenet_prepare... :P

To be honest it hasn't fell on very fertile ground. We have a few interested players, but the feedback I expected is just not there...
Sander_Marechal

Sep 07, 2007
9:58 AM EDT
Where did you announce it? The FOSS community or the gaming community? The trouble with most FOSS people is that they are often too busy doing development or other things. They like games but aren't often hardcore gamers. Perhaps you should cater more to the gamers communities and make sure there are enough FOSS games that run on Windows in your tournament.
Libervis

Sep 07, 2007
10:55 AM EDT
Good point Sander. I mostly sent it to FOSS sites, including forums of some popular games (Nexuiz, OpenArena, BZFlag, Wesnoth) and also happypenguin.org. I'll look for some windows gaming sites and try there too.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!