Kick in the groin!

Story: Don’t read thisTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
thenixedreport

Sep 27, 2007
9:51 AM EDT
Point well taken. I don't agree with the global warming hysteria (warming and cooling cycles are ultimately the sun's doing and the way the earth rotates, etc..... we have no control over it... the worst thing we're doing with pollution is killing ourselves off as well as other living things), but if we are to be serious about energy efficiency (which equals a practical benefit: a lower electricity bill for starters) then DRM will have to be eliminated in my view. I view the DMCA as an unjust law, so concerning DVD's I purchase, I break it every chance I get.
montezuma

Sep 27, 2007
12:55 PM EDT
Whoa there slow down with this rotating Earth nonsense cowboy! I'm feeling dizzy and hysterical! Check out the truth here:

http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety...

or here:

http://www.ipcc.ch/

dinotrac

Sep 27, 2007
1:04 PM EDT
montezuma -

While not a big fan of the UN, it doesn't seem quite right to equate them with the Flat Earth Society. At least the Flat-Earhers are harmless and non-hypocritical.
Bob_Robertson

Sep 27, 2007
1:27 PM EDT
Many (most? I won't try "all") Flat Earthers are using the absurdity to point out the benefits of scepticism even for things that people generally take for granted.

If there is anything that the UN does _not_ want, it's anyone being sceptical of them.

alc

Sep 27, 2007
1:47 PM EDT
"If there is anything that the UN does _not_ want, it's anyone being sceptical of them."

A bit late for that :)
montezuma

Sep 27, 2007
1:57 PM EDT
Dinotrac,

The IPCC is not the UN (read the website), it is a body collating the results of roughly 1000 leading climate scientists.

Seems you guys missed my attempt at irony.
dinotrac

Sep 27, 2007
2:47 PM EDT
>Seems you guys missed my attempt at irony.

Umm, no, I think you missed the irony in your attempt.

>The IPCC is not the UN (read the website),

Umm...no.

The WMO is a UN organization -- read their website.

I don't know about the United Nations Environmental Program as I haven't read their website, so I can't be sure.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!