Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Story: Getting more comfortable with Zenwalk ... and a touchy touchpadTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
jdixon

Sep 27, 2007
3:57 PM EDT
Steven, what did you do to your site? I'm sorry, but light black text on a dark grey background is NOT readable. I had to resort to lynx to read the post.
Steven_Rosenber

Sep 27, 2007
4:41 PM EDT
The same thing happened to me. It's a Firefox bug. (Not a FIREFOX bug, but a coding bug that manifests itself in Firefox.)

The site was redesigned yesterday, and something from the old page stays in the Firefox cache and screws up the CSS.

All you have to do is refresh the page, and it clears up. At least that worked for me.

Now if they could only get the comments working again. ...
jdixon

Sep 27, 2007
4:57 PM EDT
> All you have to do is refresh the page, and it clears up. At least that worked for me.

Yes, that works. Thanks.
Scott_Ruecker

Sep 27, 2007
10:12 PM EDT
A link to LXer would look cool too..

:-)
Sander_Marechal

Sep 27, 2007
10:21 PM EDT
Hmm... I'm still getting "403 forbidden" when I try to visit CLICK.
Steven_Rosenber

Sep 28, 2007
10:54 AM EDT
There's some kind of massive spam attack on our server, so the sysadmin has taken to blocking IPs of entire countries in order to deal with it.

But we can unblock any IPs we wish, so if you could e-mail me your IP either here at LXer or at steven.rosenberg@dailynews.com, I can unblock you.

Sorry about the trouble.

And if you don't know your IP, go to http://whatismyip.com
Sander_Marechal

Sep 28, 2007
2:27 PM EDT
I have a whole array of servers running from home. I know my IPs by heart :-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!