Will I install it? Nope! At least for now anyway...

Story: Vixta: Nice concept, incomplete executionTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
thenixedreport

Oct 26, 2007
5:56 PM EDT
I looked at it briefly on a notebook and well..... I wasn't impressed. For starters, why don't they have the source code available for easy access?

Also, where's Beryl or Fusion? That would show how superior an eye candy Linux-based system can be to Vista's Aero. It showed a lack of apps for certain. In all fairness, it is a fairly new distro. All I'm saying is that they need to comply with the licenses that state that the source must be made available, unless the distro itself is merely Fedora with KDE and a theme...... We'll see I guess......
helios

Oct 27, 2007
12:58 PM EDT
While I still wait to be impressed by this distro, there are a couple of things that I noticed right away. Aside from one other system (which is pc-bsd) not one distro has been able to get the intel 810/845 chipsets to behave themselves without alot of mucking about in 915resolution config files or the like. The distro booted flawlessly and it was with a shudder of revulsion that I noted the sickeningly striking desktop loaded at my preferred 1280x1024. I too will give it some room before I pronounce any personal judgment on its performance...I will however question the author's sense of taste and decorum. If I want to be visually assaulted by MS graphics...I will go to the source for such beatings...not an entity that thinks copying MS style is somehow needed or appreciated.

h

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!