Backups w00t

Story: Review: Linux Backups For Real People, Part 3Total Replies: 7
Author Content
ColonelPanik

Nov 15, 2007
9:58 AM EDT
TC, Again the whole world thanks you!

Er, next time please be about 3 months sooner! Maybe we can recover the lost data?
Steven_Rosenber

Nov 15, 2007
12:03 PM EDT
Don't forget her upcoming book: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596102487/

tuxchick

Nov 15, 2007
2:19 PM EDT
Yay! Commercials! Buy more books!

ColonelPanik, you'll be pleased to know that my next project is to build a Linux-based time machine. So your lost data may not remain lost after all!
jdixon

Nov 15, 2007
4:22 PM EDT
> ...my next project is to build a Linux-based time machine.

And the projected beta release would be Jan. 1, 1969?
Steven_Rosenber

Nov 15, 2007
4:22 PM EDT
With all the hype about SuperDuper for Mac OS X, I found the damn thing nearly impenetrable to do all but a straightforward backup. I don't know how good Time Machine really is (I'm stuck at 10.3 on my iBook and won't be upgrading this G4 machine to 10.5 ... ever). But easy, automatic backup in Linux would be a great thing, indeed.
ColonelPanik

Nov 15, 2007
6:59 PM EDT
TC, As I am living in Louisiana, I am already 75 years back in time. But at least I have endless impossibilities.
hkwint

Nov 16, 2007
3:27 AM EDT
Hey, TC, I read the chapter-list of your book and it looked quite impressive. I might as well buy it. Any idea when this book will be in German (or Dutch) bookstores? That's because I don't have a credit card, so I believe I can't use Amazon (it's on pre-sale on Amazon right now).
tuxchick

Nov 16, 2007
10:12 AM EDT
Hans, non-english translations always come later, and they're usually a surprise to me :) It's not in any bookstores yet- supposed to hit at the end of this month. So sooner or later you should have your choice of multiple languages to choose from!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!