no time for straight answers, but plenty of time to argue

Story: Blue GNU Wrong About Xming - Xming No Longer GPLTotal Replies: 14
Author Content
tuxchick

Nov 19, 2007
4:06 PM EDT
Sheesh, what is it with some people? Reminds me of the old qmail list days, where the too-genius-to-be-bothered crowd had unlimited time to rant about how dumb noobs were wasting their time with stupid questions, but never had enough time to actually help anyone.
dinotrac

Nov 19, 2007
4:17 PM EDT
>had unlimited time to rant about how dumb noobs were wasting their time with stupid questions, but never had enough time to actually help anyone.

Compensating. Think pencil.
dcparris

Nov 19, 2007
4:37 PM EDT
Apparently he missed my "Marketing FOSS" presentation at OLF. Being in England probably didn't help with that, either. But I specifically addressed the need for developers to consider how to address journalists - something few others have said much about. Why he thought me a troll when I specifically stated I am a journalist is beyond me.
tracyanne

Nov 19, 2007
6:55 PM EDT
Quoting:Why he thought me a troll when I specifically stated I am a journalist is beyond me.

Troll, Journalist.......... let me think, what's the difference ;)
dcparris

Nov 19, 2007
8:44 PM EDT
Well, you have a point. :-)
jdixon

Nov 20, 2007
5:15 AM EDT
> Why he thought me a troll when I specifically stated I am a journalist is beyond me.

Enderle, O'Gara, Lyons.... Shall I go on? Yes, I know they're analysts, not journalists, but do you think most people know the difference?
tuxchick

Nov 20, 2007
7:26 AM EDT
Parris, Schroder- come on folks, no need to tar with such a broad brush.
gus3

Nov 20, 2007
8:08 AM EDT
tc, did you forget your smiley?
tuxchick

Nov 20, 2007
8:34 AM EDT
No, gus3, I forgot my grumpy. I am MORTALLY offended at the implied connection between the likes of such sterling personages as me and the Rev, and certain bottom-feeding ickpersons as previously mentioned. And being mortally offended I will soon die, and then you'll be sorry.

Or maybe I will throw a really fun party and not invite any of you. Ha! That'll learn ya.
dinotrac

Nov 20, 2007
8:51 AM EDT
>bottom-feeding ickpersons

You're so cute when you're mad!!!

(Runs for cover, glad the Chickster ain't in Illinois)
tuxchick

Nov 20, 2007
9:20 AM EDT
Flattery will get you nowhere, you're still not invited.

;)
Bob_Robertson

Nov 20, 2007
10:46 AM EDT
>bottom-feeding ickpersons

Lawyers?
dinotrac

Nov 20, 2007
11:17 AM EDT
> Lawyers?

Hey! No need to get personal.
jdixon

Nov 20, 2007
6:03 PM EDT
> ...no need to tar with such a broad brush.

Apologies, TC. That was not my intent. I was merely giving examples of why someone might not take the term "journalist" as an automatic good thing, not claiming that all journalists were in the same category. I know there are good ones out there, and appreciate them.
gus3

Nov 20, 2007
8:25 PM EDT
> Or maybe I will throw a really fun party and not invite any of you.

Business as usual here.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!