Confusing Ultimate and Ultimix

Story: Caution - 180 Degree Turnaround AheadTotal Replies: 14
Author Content
newmikey

Jan 08, 2008
3:21 AM EDT
Dangerous especially as the latter has been spreading the news how you, Helios, are going to provide them with specialty scripts and so on? I thought you had really gone off, so to say. A relief to find out this is something else again and yes, definitely needs some work on the website and broken links. I will give it a whirl nevertheless as a recommendation from you counts heavily...

Cheers!
Sander_Marechal

Jan 08, 2008
3:58 AM EDT
Quoting:especially as the latter has been spreading the news how you, Helios, are going to provide them with specialty scripts and so on?

Wuh?! Where did you read that? Got link?
newmikey

Jan 08, 2008
4:45 AM EDT
http://opensourcelearning.info/blog/?p=720

quote Justin: " Justin Breithaupt Says: December 29th, 2007 at 8:13 pm

I was not going to say this because I thought it would cause an uproar but I guess it’s too late for that. Ken Starks is the one that suggested to me that I remaster Mint. He told me he will even work on a script for me (that I specified)"
azerthoth

Jan 08, 2008
5:49 AM EDT
I cant believe I just read that whole thread. Mikey, you owe me a beer since you linked that.
newmikey

Jan 08, 2008
5:53 AM EDT
I hope you did not end up on the floor like I did, laughing my head off at times, crying and stamping my feet in anger at so much stupidity at other times? I could imagine it's a bit much to take in all at once!

You just chalk up that beer temporarily, I'll try to earn it back.
helios

Jan 24, 2008
2:42 PM EDT
Ken Starks is the one that suggested to me that I remaster Mint. He told me he will even work on a script for me (that I specified)"

Nothing wrong with that...the guys trying his a$$ off. Let him stumble and bumble around...he's a raw genius and will someday make a big difference. i am personally willing to grant him the occasional faux pawses
Sander_Marechal

Jan 24, 2008
2:56 PM EDT
Quoting:i am personally willing to grant him the occasional faux pawses

He's far beyond occasional IMHO. He just doesn;t want to take good advice. He's exactly the kind of blockhead that Carla wrote about some weeks ago.
tuxchick

Jan 24, 2008
3:09 PM EDT
er ken. I am confused. Exactly who are you calling a genius?
dinotrac

Jan 24, 2008
4:08 PM EDT
> I am confused. Exactly who are you calling a genius?

I'm sure he got the context all confused and thought he was talking about me. Right?
ColonelPanik

Jan 24, 2008
7:59 PM EDT
Right dino, you are always right.
tuxchick

Jan 24, 2008
8:02 PM EDT
Yes colonel, that's how we know dino is a genius. Well, except once he made a mistake. I remember the occasion well; actually he was right in the first place, and was incorrect in thinking he had erred.
dinotrac

Jan 25, 2008
3:04 AM EDT
TC -

Yes. That incident caused me quite a bit of grief. Had to reprint my business cards to say "Merely Brilliant, not infallible".
helios

Jan 25, 2008
3:29 AM EDT
he's a raw genius" -

Exactly who are you calling a genius?" -

No one...I said he was a "raw" genius. That's inferring that he is a genius-in-waiting. Kind of like saying...uh, like saying...

You know, when you paint yourself into a corner like this, it's always good to switch the topic and deflect any further questions on said topic.

How 'bout them Cubs...!

LOL.

I still say Justin has the right stuff to make a big difference some day. Brash will someday be replaced with thoughtful evaluation of valid criticism. and yes Dino, I was talking about you...that cd you sent me? I now find out that it was embedded with a subliminal repeated message:

Einstein had me on speed dial

Now I wake up wanting bagels and finding myself tracing "http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/txt/al.html in the dust that sits on top of my Tandy TRS-80

Anyone seen Owsley Stanley around the forums lately...tell him to check his email

h

dinotrac

Jan 25, 2008
7:45 AM EDT
Ken -

Glad to see that you got the CD and that it has served it's intended purpose. TRS-80s get lonely, you know.

One thing --

I saw that you recover data from disk drives... I don't need that, but, I've got an SD flash card filled with photos I can't read. Most are offloaded elsewhere, but some are not. Do you know of a decent way to deal with a flash card that won't mount?
newmikey

Feb 19, 2008
12:01 AM EDT
Have you tried Photorec and/or Testdisk? Saved my behind on several occasions.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!