IQ again

Story: From Windows to Linux - and back againTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
nikkels

Feb 20, 2008
11:28 PM EDT
This article didn't show me much more that the lack of knowledge of those who are responsible for proper education.

Furthermore, by doing so they are supporting piracy, as an old friend of mine who is living not to far away from there, told me that people are willing to pay for the OS, but that's where it stops. Nearly every one is using pirated copies of Office, Photoshop, Adobe products and more. They don't buy in the shops, as they are watched by the legal system. They just download it from " appzplanet " .

Congratulations to the idiot who took the decision to switch back.
tuxtom

Feb 21, 2008
12:18 AM EDT
Quoting:Nearly every one is using pirated copies of Office, Photoshop, Adobe products and more.

Human beings are not quite as dumb as they might appear.
Bob_Robertson

Feb 21, 2008
9:44 AM EDT
> This article didn't show me much more that the lack of knowledge of those who are responsible for proper education.

Oh man, you hit the nail on the head.

http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/13931197.html

The real problems come from two points in the article.

1) "Non negotiable" that Windows come on the new machines that the school system bought.

2) More money now, unlike when they were "forced" to use Linux.

The first is not actually an issue. Linux installs great on new hardware. The fact that Windows came pre-installed is a lame excuse for doing what they wanted to do anyway.

Which leaves the second reason: Spending money.

Hey, it's not _their_ money. There is no incentive what so ever for efficiency, and ever motivation to spend as much as possible while they have it in hand.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!