PCLOS vs Steven_Rosenber

Story: Review: PCLinuxOS 2007, GNOME and MiniMeTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
ColonelPanik

Feb 23, 2008
5:33 PM EDT
Great review. If I didn't already have it on my lappy I sure would try it after reading the article.

Like S_R there was no joy in Gnomeville for me either. I ended up just installing the KDE version and then apt-getting Gnome. There are some really good KDE functions that I like having on hand. It is not Debian but PCLOS installs better than Ubuntu and so far the updates don't break my system like Ubuntu.

tuxtom

Feb 23, 2008
6:01 PM EDT
Quoting:...I sure would try it after reading the article.

It was more like a book, but I agree it was a good review.
moopst

Feb 24, 2008
8:28 PM EDT
Minime is on my Toshiba which I had to loan to my sister. I installed it in about 20 minutes on evening just before we went to dinner. The wireless ipw3945 worked right out of the box which made me happy. The only minus was the boot up sound which reminds me of unreliable proprietary operating systems (POS).

tuxchick

Feb 24, 2008
8:48 PM EDT
I've had PCLOS on my Thinkpad T61 for several months now. It's been stable and peppy and nice to use. The only downside is occasionally I run into some application that's not in the PCLOS repos. But not very often, and it's usually some weird new thing I need to test for work.
jdixon

Feb 25, 2008
8:45 AM EDT
> It was more like a book...

There's just no pleasing some people. :)
tuxtom

Feb 25, 2008
9:44 AM EDT
Quoting:There's just no pleasing some people. :)
Hey, I said it was a good article! I also think 'War and Peace' is a good book, but there's a lot to be said for brevity. 8^)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!