So wrong...

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
Sander_Marechal

Apr 16, 2008
10:44 PM EDT
I just ran across this on YouTube. Painful... Hillarious but painful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPv8PPl7ANU
tracyanne

Apr 17, 2008
2:17 AM EDT
ROFLOL
dinotrac

Apr 17, 2008
2:38 AM EDT
Wow. Think of the Linux marketing we could do with the budget for that video. And Helios had trouble getting people to cough up for a few race car decals.
number6x

Apr 17, 2008
5:40 AM EDT
This is supposed to be marketing that tries to convince C level executives to start their roll outs of Vista?

It seems like its aimed at frat boys not CIO's.

Maybe the difference is trivial, that would explain a lot.
Sander_Marechal

Apr 17, 2008
6:04 AM EDT
number6x: You're right. It's an internal MS video. Not one aimed at customers.

To whatever MS employee leaked it: Thanks for the laughs!
number6x

Apr 17, 2008
6:14 AM EDT
Wow.

If I wanted to make a video to convince people to run away screaming in terror whenever they heard the words 'Microsoft' and 'Vista' together, I couldn't do a better job than Microsoft has already done.
dinotrac

Apr 17, 2008
6:19 AM EDT
Number6x --

See Sander's comment. The video is aimed at the Microsoft sales force and is very much in line with the kinds of pitches salespeople get in any company -- although, I must admit, it is cooler and slicker than most.
number6x

Apr 17, 2008
6:44 AM EDT
_d

No, I read his comment and understand. I was looking at it wrong before his comment.

It must be that they way you get the marketing people excited about selling a product and the way you want to to get customers excited about buying your product are about 180° out of phase.

I don't think I have the abilities or 'gifts' needed to work in marketing.
dinotrac

Apr 17, 2008
6:47 AM EDT
> I don't think I have the abilities or 'gifts' needed to work in marketing.

This is more sales than marketing -- related, overlapping, but different disciplines.

Sales is a very hard way to make a very nice living. That's why sales managers tend to focus on motivational things so much. Their work force spends a lot of time getting told no.
Scott_Ruecker

Apr 17, 2008
12:15 PM EDT
Thank God I had nothing in my stomach when I watched it..

I was never a big Bruce Springsteen fan as it was but now!?!?!

I want to rip out my ears..

LOL
dinotrac

Apr 17, 2008
12:58 PM EDT
Scott --

I have seen Bruce Springsteen, and the band in the video is no Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band.

It's a little odd that I didn't encounter his band when I was in high school in New Jersey, but, in my freshman year of college, he was one of exactly 2 artists in my life that I have seen right after breaking big with an album but before they began big arena headliners.

A college bud had been a fan for a while, and he snarfed the tickets just before "Born to Run". Wow. Bruce Springsteen and the boys in a 5,000 seat auditoreum. Seets in the middle of the seventh row.

It was a good show.

BTW -- the other artist? Garth Brooks, as an opener for the Judds.
jdixon

Apr 17, 2008
1:26 PM EDT
Bruce, Garth, and the Judds? The mind boggles. All good, mind you, but completely different genres (Garth being the last on the list, in my opinion). I doubt there are too many overlapping fans.

Though Bruce's insertion of politics into his music has soured me on him in recent years. Actions speak louder than words, and if he thinks politics is more important than music, I'll agree with him and (since I don't agree with his politics) not buy his music. Though I wonder how he would feel if I supported the Pirate party and acted accordingly.

Bruce's concerts of spoken of in reverent tones by those I know who have attended one or more.
dinotrac

Apr 17, 2008
2:50 PM EDT
Garth Brooks was a funny one.

I went to see the Judds. My wife and a friend had arranged the tickets and they were interested in seeing Brooks. I hadn't heard of him.

Gotta tell ya -- he was great. Hard to go wrong about 1990 (can't remember exactly) with the Judds, but Garth Brooks as the opening act? One to remember.

No Windows 3.0 references anywhere.
Scott_Ruecker

Apr 17, 2008
3:05 PM EDT
Dino, I am sorry if I gave the impression I did not like them.

I have not had the chance to see Bruce and the band very often out in Arizona. Max Weinberg is a great drummer, he has been the leader of the house band for Conan O'Brien's show since the early 90's if I am not mistaken. He does more with a four piece than most can do with kits twice that size.

I like a lot of Springsteen's stuff, I just meant to say that he wasn't in my top ten..or ..fifteen..or..so.

;-)

You cannot post until you login.