Looking for Thin client os solution...help please.

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
lrb

Aug 01, 2008
2:38 PM EDT
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone knows a distro of linux that could work on a thin client with sdram 64mb , flash: 16mb, logic cirrus ep9307 arm processor 200mhz . I need a distro that fits but with java enviroment, beacause the porpouse of the thin client is to run as a bluetooth hot spot and I have developed the software on java to run on ubuntu. Any idea? Thanks for the help...
jdixon

Aug 01, 2008
4:29 PM EDT
> flash: 16mb

That may be a show stopper. Even the distributions designed for older or slower machines tend to run 40MB or more. Unless you want to run as a true thin client, of course. In which case the main part of the OS resides on a server. If that's the case you should probably be looking at LTSP. You'll find more information than you probably want at their website: http://www.ltsp.org/
Steven_Rosenber

Aug 01, 2008
9:03 PM EDT
My main test machine is a Maxspeed Maxterm thin client, but it uses CF cards, and it also allows IDE drives to be plugged into the motherboard, so I can use any size drive I need ...

If there's some way to swap out the flash memory for something bigger, that's the way I'd go.

You cannot post until you login.