Sorry about the blackout

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
Scott_Ruecker

Oct 10, 2008
4:35 AM EDT
Hello everyone,

Last night we had a little bit of a blackout. We had a hardware issue come up and had to move the entire site over to some temporary hardware until the issue is resolved. We were down for roughly six or seven hours. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused our readers and visitors to LXer.

Scott
azerthoth

Oct 10, 2008
6:31 AM EDT
And thanks for the fast email responses last night too Scott. Under 2 minute turn around when I realize I could not have been the only one filling your inbox. And yes, I did get that database rebuilt.
ColonelPanik

Oct 10, 2008
11:22 AM EDT
I thought I missed a killer story and the site was /.ed
tracyanne

Oct 10, 2008
6:14 PM EDT
I didn't email him about it. I just assumed it was Telstra playing silly buggers with our lines again. Where we are, it doesn't matter who your ISP is, you have to use a Telstra/Bigpond backbone anyway. The joy of living in a country town.
tuxchick

Oct 10, 2008
6:44 PM EDT
I assumed it was the result of Scott tuning the servers for faster performance, then having an allergy attack and having a sneezing fit at a crucial moment, and between the excess moisture and jiggling the whole works went blooey. So glad to hear it was something else.

;)
techiem2

Oct 10, 2008
7:28 PM EDT
I thought maybe it was an MS/ISO DDOS.... lol
Scott_Ruecker

Oct 10, 2008
9:10 PM EDT
I will admit that I give the servers a good workout for as much as I am on LXer, but other than that, I did nothing, I swear it!
tracyanne

Oct 10, 2008
11:56 PM EDT
What do you take them down to the gym.
gus3

Oct 11, 2008
12:08 AM EDT
@Scott:

The forum is having issues with various punctuations. Apostrophe is one such trouble-maker.
Scott_Ruecker

Oct 11, 2008
4:22 AM EDT
Thank You gus3, duly noted..

Any other issues anyone may be having on LXer please let me know.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!