Driver for Express Scribe Foot Pedal in Linux (Ubuntu)

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
marither

Oct 11, 2008
3:00 PM EDT
How come there's no driver for Express Scribe Foot Pedal in Linux, specifically in Ubuntu 6.10? Anyone who knows how to convert the .dll below to .so? Can a Crossover or Wine emulator do something abt this? Is there already a script or could you help me make a script on this?

Kindly read the reply to my message below for more info.

Thanks.

Hi Marither,

I'm sure that Wine (and therefore CrossOver) could provide a solution. However, someone has to be motivated to make that happen. Either a talented volunteer programmer, or the company that makes it, or someone who's willing to pay a lot of money to motivate a programmer to see it happen. That hasn't happened :-/.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Marither Anastacio wrote: > Converting .dll to .so for Express Scribe Foot Pedal > > How come there's no driver for Express Scribe Foot Pedal in Linux, > specifically in Ubuntu 6.10? Anyone who knows how to convert the .dll > below to .so? Can a Crossover or Wine emulator do something abt this? > > > Supporting your own Pedals with a Pedal Driver DLL > If you are a manufacturer or distributor of pedals and want your pedals > to work directly you can write a driver dll. Just install the dll in the > Windows/System32 folder and Express Scribe will automatically detect > them when it next runs. > Note: The information which follows is intended for professional > programmers only. If you are not a professional programmer, please > retain one to build the dll for you. >
jdixon

Oct 11, 2008
7:23 PM EDT
> How come there's no driver for Express Scribe Foot Pedal in Linux,

Because no one's written one. :(

You're best bets are to contact the company and see if they're at all interested in providing Linux support or to contact the Linux Driver Project (see http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view for the details). Either you or the company may have to provide a unit or two for the developer(s) to work with.

You cannot post until you login.