No, but

Story: Does Linux Need a $300 Million Ad Campaign?Total Replies: 10
Author Content
tracyanne

Oct 20, 2008
10:49 PM EDT
it does need to be promoted more and better.
jdixon

Oct 20, 2008
11:38 PM EDT
I'd estimate that at this point a $3 million campaign would be as effective as Microsoft's $300 million one. There's a wide open untapped market to reach, so the effects of even small amounts of advertising could be enormous.
kingttx

Oct 21, 2008
6:18 PM EDT
I agree, we don't need as much as MS, but we need something.
tuxchick

Oct 21, 2008
6:22 PM EDT
Jerry Seinfeld got ten mil. I'll do it for one, and use the other nine to hire all my LXer chums. We're cute and appealing and irresistible.

We are too.
tracyanne

Oct 21, 2008
6:26 PM EDT
well I am
Sander_Marechal

Oct 21, 2008
6:41 PM EDT
Yup. Here's proof: http://lxer.com/team.php
techiem2

Oct 21, 2008
6:51 PM EDT
iunno Sander, you look kinda crazy in that pic.... :P
Scott_Ruecker

Oct 21, 2008
8:21 PM EDT
Its his Birthday, he's allowed to look a little crazy, for today...

jezuch

Oct 22, 2008
1:51 AM EDT
Crazy is bad? Since when?? :)
ColonelPanik

Oct 22, 2008
1:44 PM EDT
One good Lindependence team in each state here in the usOFa would be worth much, much more than $300,000,000.

You folks in other countries can do what is right for your country, but DO.

It is all trickle up now days.
lcafiero

Oct 26, 2008
12:56 PM EDT
< salute > Thank you, sir. < /salute >

Permission to speak freely, Colonel: Other countries -- especially in Europe -- can teach those of us in the English-speaking part of the North American continent a lot about promoting Linux.

For example, yesterday (10/25) -- while we held Lindependence Portland in Beaverton, Ore. -- about 20 or so cities in Italy were doing the same thing, and "Lindependence-type" events seem to be far more frequent and common there than they are here.

The long and short of it is that it would be great to have Lindependence "teams" in all states (U.S. and Mexican) and in all Canadian provinces.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!