Firmly livin' in 1998

Story: Linux Hater's Blog dead, long live the reduxTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
Sander_Marechal

Nov 03, 2008
2:48 AM EDT
Quoting:I firmly believe that Windows is the better choice for most people today.

Windows is easier to install, easier to use, has the widest range of consumer, business and gaming software, has the widest hardware compatibility and much nicer people to help you when things go wrong.

When did this guy last use Linux? 1998? Linux definitely wins on ease of installation and hardware compatibility. As GHK said: "Linux supports more hardware than all other OSes combined. Ease of use is a judgement call. Widest range of software is true. Nicer people is also a judgment call, but my personal experience is that people who support Windows usually want to get paid :-)
jezuch

Nov 03, 2008
3:04 AM EDT
Hm. Linux Hater's Blog was useful, but this looks like plain old FUD... Not really a replacement.
tracyanne

Nov 03, 2008
5:02 AM EDT
quote]and much nicer people to help you when things go wrong.[/quote]

All my little old ladies think I'm nice, much nicer than the salesman at the chain store.
mortenalver

Nov 03, 2008
5:28 AM EDT
The Redux site is worthless. Anyway, has any of you had a look at the comments section over there (ITWIre)? This Alex Zaharov-Reutt seems like a complete jerk.
tracyanne

Nov 03, 2008
5:30 AM EDT
Alex Zaharov-Reutt is a Windows fanboy.
hkwint

Nov 12, 2008
4:34 PM EDT
Quoting:This Alex Zaharov-Reutt seems like a complete jerk.

I bet he does receive his laptop (be)for(e) Christmas.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!