Well der..

Story: Microsoft Chooses New Lobbying Director with “Strong Ties to Democrats”Total Replies: 18
Author Content
tracyanne

Dec 08, 2008
6:42 PM EDT
Of course they have, and so will every other corporation.
dinotrac

Dec 08, 2008
6:51 PM EDT
That's the way it works.

By the way, Bill Gates himself happens to be a fairly influential Democrat.
Scott_Ruecker

Dec 08, 2008
7:11 PM EDT
Roy is on a roll this week, two articles about stuff that is only "news" to him and has been obvious to everyone else...FOR YEARS!!

;-)

Scott
tuxchick

Dec 08, 2008
7:55 PM EDT
A pox on all of them. Self-serving ignorant [deleted for TOS violation] [deleted for TOS violation] [deleted for TOS violation] [deleted for TOS violation] [deleted for TOS violation] .

azerthoth

Dec 08, 2008
8:17 PM EDT
Was that BoycottNerdville or Politicians ... or yes, TC?
tuxchick

Dec 08, 2008
8:23 PM EDT
Heh, Roy is OK, it's them other 'ns that raise my blood pressure :)
dinotrac

Dec 08, 2008
9:48 PM EDT
TC -

Meds, girl. Meds.

Makes everything look SOOOOO much nicer.
tuxchick

Dec 09, 2008
12:09 AM EDT
Better living through chemistry!
theboomboomcars

Dec 09, 2008
12:38 AM EDT
I'm not crazy because I take the right pills, every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmheecxN0tE
bigg

Dec 09, 2008
10:14 AM EDT
This is a classic:

Quoting:In other news, as we pointed out the other day, Bill Gates met Obama to talk about things he hasn’t much of a clue about. This proved that the country is still being run by corporations

He's lucky he's not a mathematician, because with 'proofs' like that, he'd had trouble putting food on the table. Obviously corporations still run the country, it just doesn't have anything to do with the Obama/Gates meeting.

Interesting that Roy didn't report on Obama's IT-related appointments. Apparently that wouldn't make as good a story.
schestowitz

Dec 09, 2008
10:40 AM EDT
I wrote about that too. http://boycottnovell.com/2008/12/02/microsoft-trolls-to-obam...
hchaudh1

Dec 09, 2008
11:50 AM EDT
This forum is getting sadder by the day. You are all complaining about what Roy writes on his own website, yet I see 0 comments in most of the other stories on this website. but hey, its someone with a viewpoint different than ours, let's have at it.

When he wrote about how MS pays vendors to give favorable reviews, its all marketing. But when TC writes about why IT media seems to fall silent whenever there is a virus on Windows, then its the end of the world, MS is evil and all that. No offense TC, I think you write really good stuff, I am just talking about the usual suspects here.

My thinking on the matters related to MS fall in line with Roy's, I am just not as vocal as him. But let's see the pragmatic people here do something other than sniggering, eh?
bigg

Dec 09, 2008
12:24 PM EDT
> This forum is getting sadder by the day.

Then go off to tinfoil-land where it is better. I'm certainly not going to let BN speak for me.
dinotrac

Dec 09, 2008
12:43 PM EDT
>But let's see the pragmatic people here do something other than sniggering, eh?

We won't snicker, either...unless the material is good for a laugh.
hkwint

Dec 09, 2008
3:10 PM EDT
Quoting:In other news, as we pointed out the other day, Bill Gates met Obama to talk about things he hasn’t much of a clue about.

What does that mean; Bill Gates has no clue about politics, something hardly believable as his father ran a law/lobby company, was Bill Gates talking about 'buying shoes' again, or does it mean Obama has no clue about how to use Windows; something I could also understand?
dinotrac

Dec 09, 2008
3:12 PM EDT
hans -

Ain't nothing like a little nederlander perspective to warm a chilly day.
ColonelPanik

Dec 09, 2008
4:55 PM EDT
Lots of people cooking on another planet.

Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux
tracyanne

Dec 09, 2008
5:07 PM EDT
@hchaudh1

Quoting:You are all complaining about what Roy writes on his own website,

I didn't complain about what Roy wrote, at the start of this thread. I merely put his comments in perspective. In addition I don't complain about what Roy writes, mostly I deride his patently ill conceived paranoid arguments.

Quoting:yet I see 0 comments in most of the other stories on this website.

There are lots of comments about all sorts of stories, sometimes to agree, sometimes not. Carla writes very good anti Microsoft articles, they are, unlike Roy's, well researched, and based on an hypothesis that doesn't depend on a good dose of paranoia.

Quoting:but hey, its someone with a viewpoint different than ours, let's have at it.

And why not, that's healthy.
azerthoth

Dec 09, 2008
10:08 PM EDT
I have complimented Roy on articles he has written external to BoycottTinfoil, it shows that he can do serious writing and do it well. In my mind it just makes the idiocy the spews forth on BN all the worse.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!