Aww

Story: Open source becomes paid software in 2009Total Replies: 4
Author Content
Scott_Ruecker

Dec 27, 2008
2:03 PM EDT
Looks like someone's business isn't making as much money as he wants it too. Which means that we really should be paying for software whether we want too or not.

"it will be cool to pay for software"? is he on something? Poor little businessman isn't happy with his bottom line..
hkwint

Dec 27, 2008
3:27 PM EDT
Hmm, well, only reading the title reveals this man has no clue and I wonder if it's even worthwhile to read the article.
hkwint

Dec 27, 2008
3:30 PM EDT
Indeed, I don't get the hang of the article. 'Open source is not free' because you have to pay for the 'not-open' bits.

It's like complaining if I receive a car without tires for free I have to pay for the tires and therefore the car is not free. Flawed logic, can someone hand Prolog to this guy?
dinotrac

Dec 27, 2008
4:08 PM EDT
Companies pay for software every time they write their own. Nothing wrong with that.
Scott_Ruecker

Dec 27, 2008
4:14 PM EDT
I completely agree Dino, I am just not going to pay for free software because this guy thinks I should. Just to make him happy? No way Jose.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!