OpenOffice Lives

Story: OpenOffice Lives, More Involvement NeededTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
ColonelPanik

Jan 16, 2009
11:36 AM EDT
You bet it does! Now is the time for OO.org to start targeting niche markets: Law (templates for various court filings) Education Banking/Finance Medical (huge huge field) And everything else.
dinotrac

Jan 16, 2009
12:15 PM EDT
CP --

A good table of authorities (which, I'm afraid, requires more than a template) would go a long way to squeezing into Law.
ColonelPanik

Jan 16, 2009
12:29 PM EDT
dino... But it is doable eh?
dinotrac

Jan 16, 2009
1:26 PM EDT
CP -

Well, WordPerfect had (has) a great one, which is why WP owned law office paperwork for so long.
ColonelPanik

Jan 16, 2009
1:28 PM EDT
And OO.org can do WP files? Please say yes!
dinotrac

Jan 16, 2009
5:03 PM EDT
I don't know if it can, but that would be pretty awesome, actually.

I was thinking more along the lines of OO programmers ought to be able to implement something WP programmers were able to do.
theboomboomcars

Jan 16, 2009
5:16 PM EDT
I know it can open some WP stuff, my sister loved WP and used it for a long time, then she got word and I translated the files for her, for some reason she wouldn't listen when I suggested OO to her.
dinotrac

Jan 16, 2009
5:18 PM EDT
>for some reason she wouldn't listen when I suggested OO to her.

Well, getting her to go from WP to Word may have hurt your credibility...
theboomboomcars

Jan 16, 2009
11:46 PM EDT
That was her decision, I learned that she changed after the fact. And I think it had something to do with the fact that she finished school and her employer required her to use Word for everything...

But yes I hang my head in shame over that.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!