...and the sun rises in the east

Story: Will the Microsoft Crowd Ever Accept OpenOffice?Total Replies: 6
Author Content
caitlyn

Mar 16, 2009
7:18 PM EDT
All this article says is that people are averse to change. The quality of the software has nothing to do with it. Well, what else is new? This is like saying the sun rises in the east. Everyone knows it and nothing is new here.
tracyanne

Mar 16, 2009
7:35 PM EDT
If you follow it through to the referenced blog you will note that the bloke was talking about using a MS PPT 2003 document with a feature that is not in OO.o, in OO.o.
gus3

Mar 16, 2009
8:07 PM EDT
Well, there's "change" and there's "change." It isn't like someone is saying we should drive a Sherman tank instead of a car; it's more like trading in the old bucket of rust for a newer, more efficient model.

As for this bloke, I wonder what he did when the headlamp dimmer/dipper switch went from the floor to the steering column.
theboomboomcars

Mar 16, 2009
11:00 PM EDT
Stopped using his brights, and complained that his new car didn't come with a dimmer switch.
TxtEdMacs

Mar 17, 2009
7:41 AM EDT
Quoting: ... when the headlamp dimmer/dipper switch went from the floor to the steering column.
I had been wondered a long time why they dropped the feature. Thanks!
henke54

Mar 18, 2009
6:31 AM EDT
talking about 'sun' : http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=14817

;-P
Bob_Robertson

Mar 18, 2009
4:50 PM EDT
Thanks, Henke, that's a hoot.

I can see it now: SPARC 3274 supercomputer/terminal combo.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!