Our automobile's economy sucks...

Story: IE more secure than Firefox/ChromeTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
AnonymousCoward

Mar 23, 2009
10:03 AM EDT
...is about as stable as jelly in a wind-tunnel, protects you about as well as a tin-foil hat, rusts in less time than a handstand takes, is catch-of-the-day for car thieves, stops on a dime (that happens to be about sixty yards down the highway) BUT the electric windows roll up a LOT faster than anyone else's...
NoDough

Mar 23, 2009
10:34 AM EDT
???

Is this a bot keying on the word Chrome?
Scott_Ruecker

Mar 23, 2009
10:41 AM EDT
Good question, not sure what to make of this one...
tuxchick

Mar 23, 2009
10:47 AM EDT
Let's gather in a circle and poke it with sticks. That works when you're at the beach and find a weird critter washed up.
NoDough

Mar 23, 2009
10:53 AM EDT
Do I hear a second on TC's poke it with sticks proposal?

We have a second.

All those in favor...

All those against...

The ayes have it.

Let the record show that the proposal known as 'Poke TC with sticks' unanimously passed this day.
gus3

Mar 23, 2009
11:10 AM EDT
Quoting:BUT the electric windows roll up a LOT faster than anyone else's...
And amputates whatever limb happens to be in the way.
Sander_Marechal

Mar 23, 2009
11:49 AM EDT
Put those sticks down guys. AnonymousCoward's posting history indicates it's not a bot. We don't have anonymous posters here at LXer so it's a real user account and not a catch-all.

I think the original post is a clever analogy to the article, with cars equating browsers and the speed of JavaScript execution equating the speed at which the electric windows roll up. They both contribute nothing to security :-)
tuxchick

Mar 23, 2009
11:56 AM EDT
But it sure reads like the random text used in spams :)
ColonelPanik

Mar 23, 2009
12:04 PM EDT
http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/browsers/showAr...
theboomboomcars

Mar 23, 2009
1:43 PM EDT
The main thing I don't understand about our cowardly friends post is the first part sounds like he is describing IE, but the fast windows belong to FF and Chrome. Shouldn't it be that the car is safer because it takes longer to roll up the windows?
jdixon

Mar 23, 2009
2:29 PM EDT
> Shouldn't it be that the car is safer because it takes longer to roll up the windows?

Not if the threat is assumed to be coming from outside the car.
Sander_Marechal

Mar 23, 2009
2:34 PM EDT
@theboomboomcars: Yes, I noticed that too.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!