Why Linux needs ZFS

Story: Linux Don't Need No Stinkin' ZFS: BTRFS Intro & BenchmarksTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
Sander_Marechal

Apr 23, 2009
5:27 AM EDT
It's a nice article and a nice benchmark, but there is a very obvious reason why Linux would do well to have ZFS: It means a large number of people would be able to move from Solaris to Linux without touching their storage.
gus3

Apr 23, 2009
10:45 AM EDT
And now that Oracle is set to buy Sun, they could make an executive decision to port ZFS to Linux without concern for copyright.

ZFS [via Oracle] to Unbreakable Linux [via GPLv2] to all Linux.
azerthoth

Apr 23, 2009
10:45 AM EDT
All your FS belong to us.
caitlyn

Apr 23, 2009
10:56 AM EDT
az: That should read: All your FS are belong to us. If you are going to quote mangled grammar make sure you get the mangling right :)

Somebody set up us the bomb.
gus3

Apr 23, 2009
11:02 AM EDT
Linux to Windows:

You have no chance to survive make your time.
Bob_Robertson

Apr 23, 2009
12:05 PM EDT
If I may ask an entirely off-topic question,

What game was it that had these now-ubiquitous awful grammar examples? I know I never played it.

Likely a Windows game.
theboomboomcars

Apr 23, 2009
12:15 PM EDT
Quoting:Likely a Windows game.

No it was a Sega MegaDrive (european version of the Genesis) game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us
Bob_Robertson

Apr 23, 2009
12:25 PM EDT
Ah! Maybe it was machine translation unchecked by an english native speaker.
caitlyn

Apr 23, 2009
1:01 PM EDT
Or it could have been a hasty attempt at translation by someone who was given the job last minute and really didn't have a good grasp of English. All I know is that the results were really funny.

You know what you doing.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!