Vacation time

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
Sander_Marechal

Apr 29, 2009
11:40 PM EDT
Hi all,

I'll be off on a short break until May 6th. So whatever running discussions I am involved in: You win by default ;-)

Oh, and I think Scott could really use your help in the mean time. If you see an interesting story somewhere, please submit it: http://lxer.com/module/newswire/stories/

Cheers,

-- Sander
caitlyn

Apr 30, 2009
12:29 AM EDT
Have a great vacation! Do several things I wouldn't do :)
tracyanne

Apr 30, 2009
12:31 AM EDT
Just do several things you haven't done yet.
ColonelPanik

Apr 30, 2009
11:10 AM EDT
Being retired I don't get vacations, Sander I am quite jealous. Have fun.
tuxchick

Apr 30, 2009
11:41 AM EDT
Have a good vacation, sander! We'll hold the fort! Or fold the fort! Or something!
Sander_Marechal

May 06, 2009
10:30 AM EDT
Quoting:Just do several things you haven't done yet.

I did. I ate oysters (raw) and shark, neither of which I ever ate before. I didn't care much for the oysters (I'd like to try them au gratin instead of raw) but I highly recommend trying shark if you ever get the chance. It is a very soft, white fish but with a very strong and unique flavour. Quite different from any other white fish I've tried.
NoDough

May 06, 2009
12:04 PM EDT
>> ...I highly recommend trying shark if you ever get the chance.

I would like to try it. However, I know Dino won't. Lawyers don't eat shark. (Professional courtesy ;)

*nodough ducks and runs*
jdixon

May 06, 2009
10:10 PM EDT
> ...but I highly recommend trying shark if you ever get the chance.

Agreed, but it some folks find it's flavor overwhelming, and don't like it. Of course, some folks feel that way about scallops or lobster too.
ColonelPanik

May 06, 2009
11:33 PM EDT
Have you tried wireshark?
tracyanne

May 06, 2009
11:46 PM EDT
Quoting:but I highly recommend trying shark if you ever get the chance

Used to be the fish of choice for the Fish and Chip shops in NZ and Australia, they sold it as flake. On the Island where I grew up we ate pretty much anything we caught, including shark. If you get a chance try Kina (Sea urchin roe), it's very peppery. In New Zealand you could get it from Fish and Chip shops in little coastal towns, usually deep fried in batter.
montezuma

May 06, 2009
11:53 PM EDT
Except in NZ it was Fush and Chups right? Cue the conchords and Murray.....
tracyanne

May 06, 2009
11:56 PM EDT
@monte, indeed. next time you're talking to a Kiwi, get them to say "six"

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!