What's with this post???

Story: Netbook has 500GB drive, "eight hour" batteryTotal Replies: 14
Author Content
flufferbeer

Jun 09, 2009
1:35 PM EDT
Is this becoming caitlyn's semi-official blog or something ?

I'm not arguing how good and relevant the posts are, but from this and the next 12 Newswires as of this writing, I count only THREE from contributors OTHER THAN than caitlyn !! AFAICT the same thing applies to the Discussions of these and other recent posts. What's going on with the dumping of all these posts !? Is caitlyn going to be a new member of the LXer team ? Or do certain persons have way too much time on their hands ??? 2c questions from the fb
tuxchick

Jun 09, 2009
1:40 PM EDT
Maybe you'd rather see more Enderle?

/runs and hides
Bob_Robertson

Jun 09, 2009
2:01 PM EDT
I could post more if you like, but I'll need some cheap child-care so I can do more keyboard time...
vainrveenr

Jun 09, 2009
2:17 PM EDT
Quoting:What's going on with the dumping of all these posts !? Is caitlyn going to be a new member of the LXer team ?

The contributor's high activity could be because of - presenting to LXer readers in a timely fashion, actual pieces of very high relevance and interest - self-promotion (okay, so what?) - spare time (again, so what?) - other good purposes

OTOH, an immensely big benefit of this author's and commentator's insights presented here is that these can prevent or at least relieve readers of all the constant shill/FUD -containing pieces by Enderle and his ilk (as just noted above in this tread). Would also perhaps include in this latter group as well, Schestowitz's self-referencing Boycott Novell site http://boycottnovell.com/ and posts coming to LXer from this.

Maybe some Real Intelligence through such contributions here instead of AI and mindless rehashing.

caitlyn

Jun 09, 2009
2:26 PM EDT
WAIT A MINUTE! This isn't my writing! I've been *SUGGESTING* stories of interest is all. I have submitted exactly TWO, count 'em, TWO pieces of my own writing in the past 24 hours. I had two all last week. Where do you see my byline? I don't write for LinuxDevices.com. I just thought this was an interesting story.

Do you think every post submitted by Scott is written by Scott? Submitted by Sander is written by Sander?
caitlyn

Jun 09, 2009
3:47 PM EDT
One more thought: flufferbeer is right that I often have "time on my hands" while I have a couple of compilations going or test installs going. That's the nature of some of the development work I am doing. I thought finding some interesting stories not included on LXer.com and adding them would be appreciated. If I was wrong and the LXer.com management wants me to stop I'll gladly do so.
techiem2

Jun 09, 2009
4:42 PM EDT
I'm sure some of us appreciate it because we don't have time to find all those articles ourselves. :)
azerthoth

Jun 09, 2009
4:56 PM EDT
I seldom look at the poster of the story, or the author. A glance at the headline and a quick once through of the lead in. If its interesting I read it. caitlyn keep writing and keep posting the stories.
zhymm

Jun 09, 2009
5:29 PM EDT
Aye, Caitlyn, keep posting what you consider interesting stories. And keep writing your comments. I find them insightful, interesting and entertaining. Your time doing this is certainly appreciated by this reader!
Steven_Rosenber

Jun 09, 2009
5:35 PM EDT
What happens is you are looking at sites/blogs/whatever, and you just start rolling them out on LXer. I've done it before.

People — appreciate the links, no matter who sends them.
zhymm

Jun 09, 2009
6:00 PM EDT
Ugh .... I went to the BenQ link supplied in the article and what's the first thing I see ...

:Quote:

BenQ recommends Windows Vista® Business for Business Computing BenQ recommends Windows Vista® Home Premium for Personal Computing

Products may not be available in all areas, please visit your local stores or check BenQ's website of your country. Actual products may vary in accordance with local laws, regulations or requirements, please refer to product labels for details.

:EndQuote:

I guess we won't be seeing the Linux version of these puppies in the US anytime soon .... :P
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 09, 2009
6:05 PM EDT
For my part Caitlyn, I think you rock...and keep the articles into my pending queue coming..;-)
caitlyn

Jun 09, 2009
6:25 PM EDT
Thanks, Scott. I know you will fearlessly decline any articles you don't think are worthwhile, which is fine...

You know, some of the discussions here inspire articles, as you probably saw with my latest O'Reilly piece. (I wonder if Tracy Anne's ears are burning :) I get something out of posting too :)

-----

@zhymm: BenQ doesn't do business in the U.S. AFAIK. But, yeah... they have Linux products but push Windows, just like Asus.
beirwin

Jun 09, 2009
6:39 PM EDT
Rock on, Caitlyn! :-) Keep the posts coming.

I think people who whine and complain need to remember the Roman Rule:

"The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Barbara
nicsmr

Jun 09, 2009
8:28 PM EDT
Each of us does our thing. Glad you're out there looking. Keep 'em coming.

AND good work thank you.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!